Can I set up a second hand multisport watch in my account? — TomTom Community

Can I set up a second hand multisport watch in my account?

goraptorgoraptor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited March 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
My multi sport watch gave up the ghost half way through a swim session and I haven't been able to reset and can only use the watch, a common fault I have been told.
I have bought a second hand multi sport but cannot seem to register it to my account, any ideas

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    Do a factory reset and it will ask you to register the devise, use the same account login and it will set it up on the same account.

I am a bit confused why when your first watch failed for what you think is a common fault, you would buy another one. Isn't that throwing good money after bad as the second is just as likely to fail (and since it is used you do not even have warranty protection)?
  • goraptorgoraptor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had already bought the second watch some time ago as I got it with a heart rate monitor.
    If I cannot do a factory re-set I will be changing to another type which is a shame as it has been a good piece of kit up until now.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    goraptor wrote: »
    I had already bought the second watch some time ago as I got it with a heart rate monitor.
    If I cannot do a factory re-set I will be changing to another type which is a shame as it has been a good piece of kit up until now.

Why would you not be able to do a factory reset? Do you get any error messages when you plug into the computer?
  • goraptorgoraptor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for all your help, the factory reset appears to have worked fine and I am back up and running (literally)