Modern replacement for Blue & Me Tom Tom 2 — TomTom Community

Modern replacement for Blue & Me Tom Tom 2

ruscello43ruscello43 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
With only 4Gb memory, my gps can no longer accommodate a full map of the USA. Is there a modern Tom Tom product that will fit in my dash mount and provide a full map of the USA?

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    add a mini sd
  • ruscello43ruscello43 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    unfortunately, Tom Tom made no provision for additional storage of any kind. (and I opened it up last year to replace the battery and saw no place to add memory. Thanks, though.
  • jaycotardisjaycotardis Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Going by your comment, I am assuming you can change the battery, how do you open the device?
  • ruscello43ruscello43 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I got a replacement battery from Newpower99, and it came with a tool to pry open the seam. First, you have to remove the two little labels flanking the port, and retwo small screws securing the case.
  • RichardM7908RichardM7908 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have the same device which has stopped functioning with the recent roll over. How do you connect yours to your MyDrive account? I cannot find the model on the lists you are presented with. I am not the original owner, it came when I bought the car.
    When searching for your model/serial, start with "TH" and it should come up as "Blue&Me - TomTom 2 with 4GB memory". Thanks for info ruscello43.
  • RichardM7908RichardM7908 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks. Yes I can search by serial number and it confirms that I have a Blue&Me TomTom2 4GB, but that model does not appear on the list that is presented to me when I attempt to connect my device to my MyDrive account, I get the message "No device connected" but cannot connect because you have to do by selecting your model from a list. This model does not appear on the list.

I have been told that this problem has been corrected but I must now clear the Cache.
    No instruction was given as to how to do this, or even where the cache is. The methods that I have found on this forum do not work on my MyDrive interface. Again I suspect that this is because the device is not connected.

Catch 22?
    Your cache is under settings of your browser (Chrome, explorer etc) or search under settings. Have you registered your device with TomTom as when I connected MyDrive and log in it knows what I have. Hope this helps.
    Anyone know which battery I need from Newpower99 for my Blue&Me as also not listed!
  • thx1138thx1138 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    ruscello43 wrote: »
    With only 4Gb memory, my gps can no longer accommodate a full map of the USA. Is there a modern Tom Tom product that will fit in my dash mount and provide a full map of the USA?

Did you find a solution or product that fits as an update?