Tom Tom Start 25 update — TomTom Community

Tom Tom Start 25 update

I started to update my Tom Tom 25 as advised and it just went blank and would not start. I forced it to start but it does not stay on and when it is on I just get a picture of a Tom Tom screen with arrows going around it. It then turns off again. My Drive connect is still saying I need to update but when I connect my device it does not recognise it. Any help please? Everything was ok until I did what I was told by Tom Tom!

Best Answer

Answers

• Megan8Megan8 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I agree Emma9219, it is very strange especially as I kept getting emails to update to a new Tomtom.

• Emma9219Emma9219 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Yes Megan8 it is strange that everyone's Tomtom, just by coincidence , will no longer work after using Mydrive Connect. they must think we are stupid enough to go buy a new one. I will buy a new GPS, but it won't be a Tomtom.
  • zetortrailerzetortrailer Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Exactly the same thing happened to my Start 25 about a month ago when I tried to update it. I started a thread on here asking for help with it and they had absolutely no solution, just some excuse about the internal memory not being compatible with the update or something.

I asked if there is any solution to the problem and they didn't even reply. I have read several cases of this happening around the same time so clearly something strange is going on here.