GO600 won't use remaining memory on 32kb card

MY02
MY02 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Couldn't update device because no memory left so added 32kb card & updated ok, but can't process latest update as device states insufficient memory even though showing 29.7 kb free on card (update is only around 7mb)?

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @my02ser

The card you have added is presumably 32GB not 32kb as you said.

You have also said you only have 29.7kb left d you mean 29.7gb.

How much space is on the internal memory. See the details in MyDrive Connect. It is recommended you have 400mb of available for operational purposes. If the internal memory is very full, for example you have a map on there as well, you may have to move the map to the Extra memory to enable you to do the update.

Doug

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    @MY02

Is the 32kb a typo
    The Full Europe map is 8.9GB you will need a 16GB or 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Memorycard

ATB YFM
  • MY02
    Apprentice Traveler
    Sorry about typo it is 32GB card with 29.7 GB free but no internal memory free. How do I move Europe map to card memory please?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi @MY02

Think if you attach you r GO600 and open MyDrive Connect thenlook at My Maps you will see the map listed.

Click on the picture of the Map not any wording on the bottom of the Picture.and a menu opens and on the right there is an option to move map I think.

Let me know if that works in case I need to do it. =)=)

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    @MY02

The NAV4 Devices like your GO 600 only have one Map available to install (Unlike the World Map Devices)
    Now the Map size of the NAV4 Devices has exceeded the Internal Memory size It's a very real Catch22 situation :/

The device needs a Map installed before it will boot-up (You have Map installed)
    The device wont allow you to delete the Map (The device needs a Map installed before it will boot-up)

Try... Connect Your Go 600 --> Open MyDrive connect
    Top of the MyDrive connect window Click 'MyContent'
    In the 'MyMaps' menu... What options are available

4rw5fiht9zfx.png

ATB YFM
  • MY02
    Apprentice Traveler
    Many thanks DougLap that worked now have my map on the SD card!
  • kingjohn6200
    kingjohn6200 Registered Users Posts: 122
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Took me ages to do this, slow outdated tomtom wifi. Now have uk internal that boots up when switched on, and uk with europe external card that takes longer to load.