My 520 gps wont receive the synced destinations

micos91
micos91 Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My 520 device says that is logged in and is connected to the hotspot (used all my hotspots, the internet isnt the issue). And since recently, my decice wont receive the route and destinations i sync with MyDrive (the app is updated and the device is also up to date)

Any sugestions?
Tagged:

Comments

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,709
    Superuser
    Hi
    Is the devise logged into MyDrive? Can you see the Cloud sign in the Main Menu on the top.
    Maybe you can try a reset on the device.
    Press the Powerbutton 20seconds til The device restarts with the drumsound and the Tomtom logo.
  • micos91
    New Seeker
    The device was and it is logged in. I can also see the cloud . Will try the reset.
  • micos91
    New Seeker
    The reset solved the problem. So now the question is should i do the updates? Or the issue is the device messing with the software?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,821
    Superuser
    Hi @micos91

If the reset has sorted your problem out then I would suggest that loading any updates on offer is the way to go.

It is recommended that when you are doing updates then if one of them is a Software update that you do that first. Any other updates you do one at a time. It is also considered an idea to do a soft rest of the GO520 after each individual update.

A soft Reset means whilst the unit is ON that you hold down the ON/Off button for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drumroll sound and it reboots itself.

Doug