Second hand GO6100 - What do I need to watch out for?

WhiteSapphire
WhiteSapphire Registered Users Posts: 39
Renowned Trailblazer
Hi all,

I have the chance of a used GO6100, originally with lifetime world maps and lifetime traffic (built in SIM).

What, if any, pitfalls/pratfalls do I need to be aware of, and chiefly, does the "lifetime" maps and 'Traffic' transfer to the new owner (i.e. me, if I bought it), or did that only apply to the person who originally bought the GO6100?

Also though, is there anything else I need to know? I guess, things like size of onboard memory and potential life expectancy (in terms of updates etc), and any other quirks and foibles that would be useful to know.

Thanks in advance,

White Sapphire

Answers

• WhiteSapphire
    WhiteSapphire Registered Users Posts: 39
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Hi Doug,

That seems like a comprehensive synopsis, thank you.

Good point, about where it was originally bought. It's in the UK now, and as far as I am aware, always was, but I'll check that out first. As to syncing with the GO60, that could be a bonus since the plan is to keep it in one car and use the 6100 in the other.

I was just a shade mindful of its age (dated around 2016/17) and wondered about its future longevity, but as you say, I guess it's down to ever growing map size and the 32Gb limit on the SD card size.

Potentially, it's mine for £100 from a well respected local second hand shop.

Regards,

Sapphire