can't use map on this device — TomTom Community

can't use map on this device

RatsoRatso Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Hi , I recently bought my car , a senic 2013 and I now need to update the map to a europe one. I haven't done this however because I made a back up , using HOME and restored it to a new sd card just to be sure i didn't lose the original data. The restored card doesn't work, says the map can't be used on the device, ( uk and Ireland map) .

I copied the map off the original SD card ontot he computer , then onto the new SD card using HOME, same problem. Tried two SD cards , same problem. Card were both reformatted ,then put into the carminat and the loop.dir is present, can you help?

I don't want to buy the europe map if it is not going to work

many thanks

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,688 Moderator
    Hi @Ratso

Welcome to the community!

I have reactivated the map on your device and I would advise that you follow the below steps..

1. Connect the SD card to the computer and open TomTom HOME.
    2. Click Manage my device in TomTom HOME and select the Items on device tab.
    3. Expand Maps and then select the map you want to remove.
    4. Click Remove selected items, click OK to delete the map.

Once this is done- Download the Map I assigned-

# Click Update my device in TomTom HOME.
    # Your new map is shown in the list of updates.
    # Click Update and install.

Thanks
    Vikram :)
  • RatsoRatso Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi there

Where do i find the map you have reactivated for me? I looked on the purchase maps page and I still have to buy the one I want

Many thanks

• RatsoRatso Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I re read your instructions and still couldn't find the map, ( this time I looked in updates!) just found a load of voices

thanks again
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,688 Moderator
    Refreshed your account on the server, could you check for updates again(TomTom HOME)

Regards
    Vikram