Why is There Really no Support for The XXL-540S anymore ? — TomTom Community

Why is There Really no Support for The XXL-540S anymore ?

TomTom says you can still download Maps if you have the LifeTime option which I thought I had but it does not compute with the Co. The reason for the lack of support for the NON-lifetime Updates for this model i.e. the, "YouDon'tGetAnyMoreMapUpdates" is that the software cannot handle the complexity or the added memory. However, if you DO Have the LifeTime option, which again, I thought I had, U can still download for a certain period of time. Now, wait a minute! This does not make sense--U should not be able to get maps in either case if the problems exist above. I have not used, heard, or seen the words "planned obsolescence" for a veryLong time which in my younger years, usually referred to cars but I would think that it could be applied to anything. Hence, I don't believe it ! TomTom does lead you over to an option that states it is the perfect time to UpGrade. In other words, get 20% off a model and you can buy a new one for, I don't know, $130 to $160. What ? If you are going to do this, give at least a 75% discount or, just send a similar replacement?! Customer Service rating if TomTom sticks to this, NotTooGood !