Screen break up — TomTom Community

Screen break up

Steve1967Steve1967 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I've just got back from Spain and the watch had a few problems with loosing my position or seemed to freeze thus getting confused to what hole I was on, didn't think much of it as it was the first time I've had any issues with it. Tried to use it today, when I moved the button left to find the course I got severe screen fragmentation meaning I couldn't make anything out. Looked like a computer with a virus. Tried several times with no luck. Basically the watch is now useless for anything other than telling the time .... and even that decides to fragment at times.

I did update my watch before I went to Spain and today.

What's the issue here? It's only a couple of years old, surely it should last longer than this??

Any ideas would be welcome.

Steve

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,695
    Superusers
    Try a factory rest but if that does not help it is because the display broke. There is no more warranty coverage at that age so it is time to move on to another brand (TT Sports went out of business 18 months ago). To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.
  • Steve1967Steve1967 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks very much for your response, tried running the factory reset with no luck. I'll speak to Tomtom to see what I can do.

Can I ask who TT is, is that Tomtom?
    Superusers
    Steve1967 wrote: »
    Thanks very much for your response, tried running the factory reset with no luck. I'll speak to Tomtom to see what I can do.

Can I ask who TT is, is that Tomtom?

Yes, TT is TomTom.
    Blimey, why are they still selling this item if they are out of business. Trying to speak to someone but they don't appear to have any customer service!!! :s
    Superusers
    Steve1967 wrote: »
    Blimey, why are they still selling this item if they are out of business. Trying to speak to someone but they don't appear to have any customer service!!! :s

They are clearing out old inventory. The units still function as designed so they have a right to sell them, they are just never going to be updated. If someone can live with its flaws they can get a bargain on them (not worth it in my opinion). Since they are no longer active in the market they have reduced Support to online chat or email. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches). But fi you are out of warranty there is very little they can do other than suggest a factory reset as it is not a known issue, it is unique to your device.
    Thanks again for your response, from what I can see the watch is still in warranty. I've followed your lead but can't see the 'Email Us' piece but can see the chat option. What am I missing?
    Superusers
    It appears they are now limiting Support to Chat only as I do not get the option for email either.
    OK no worries, I've gone back to the place I bought the watch so fingers crossed they have more luck with TomTom. It's in warranty so shouldn't have many issues. Thanks again for your help on this. Cheers