How to add voices on GO 6200 ?. — TomTom Community

How to add voices on GO 6200 ?.

I have 2 question/problems. Firstly I live in Indonesia although travel a lot. Originally from UK. Leaving to USA next month. And UK in the summer. I have several Tomtom devices. This is regards the Go-6200 I recently purchased.
1) I cannot get the MyDrive App. It does not even show up in the iPhone App Store. What to do ?.
2) The English speaking voices are very limited. There are no USA voices at all. How do I add more voices.
Thank you.
Tony.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,767 [Elite Voyager]
    edited March 2019
    Hi @FreeBeer

See if @VikramK or @lampard can help you with voices and the App. Please wait for them.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,507 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @FreeBeer

Welcome to the community!

The MyDrive app is limited to certain regions so I will pass on this as feedback to the concerned team.

I have added the US computer voice- Samantha. You can download it on your device when connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Hi @FreeBeer

Judging from a comment by @lampard the US English voice only works if the unit is setup as Us English and similarly you need the appropriate setup if you want the UK English voice to work.

Doug
  • Mrstever42Mrstever42 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have been fighting to add voices to my GO620 specifically computer voices to no avail. My drive app, my drive connect nor TomTom Home fail to connect the device.
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Mrstever42

The GO 620 does not need the MyDrive Connect software unless you have slow download speeds or other issues. If your unit is working as normal a PC is not required..

You do not say where you are. If you indicate here where you are then we can ask one of the Mods ,who are on here during the week, to add the Computer voice or voices you are seeking. Do you know the name of the Voices you would like .

Once the Mod has added the Voice/s to your account then all you do is turn on your GO620 when it is connected to your Wifi and they will be offered as a download just as updates are..

One little check you could do is to go into voices and when you ask to change a voice make sure you scroll all the way up as well as down. The computer voices can be at the top and some have not realised that .

Hope that helps

Doug
  • kkraaykkraay Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I am Canadian, currently living in the Netherlands, and recently bought a TomTom Go 620 through Amazon. It turns out that there are no computer voices in English or Dutch on the device (capable of reading street names, etc.). I would like to add both languages (male and female voices), if available. If not, just English is fine. If there is not a simple solution to this, I will be returning my purchase as soon as possible.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,771 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited June 24
    Hi
    @kkraay
    Welcome to the site
    Only Tomtom staff can allocate Extra Computer Voices to your account
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and allocate the required voices to your account....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,507 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @kkraay
    Welcome to the community!
    The following computer voices have been activated for your device. Please check for updates when the device is connected to a Wi-Fi internet connection.

Malcolm (male) and Serena (female) - English computer voice
    Xander (male)- Dutch computer voice

Regards
    Vikram