Rider 400 unable to connect to TomTom MyDrive? — TomTom Community

Rider 400 unable to connect to TomTom MyDrive?

dvddvd Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited July 2019 in RIDER
I have been dealing with this issue since May of 2018. The issue is that I am able to pair with my iPhone 6S and/or 8 to the TomTom Rider but it will not connect to TomTom services. This used to work great but since early last year, it no longer works. They said they were taking to level 2 but no response and then they closed the ticket. I contacted TomTom support and no help what so ever. I again tried by opening another ticket and they said no one else is having this issue. But clearly, others are having similar issues so please comment here so they can see others struggling to get the device to work as intended.

Answers

• sangiuitsangiuit Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Anche il mio Rider 40 ha questo problema, stessa situazione.
    MyDrive funziona, si o no?
  • endzoneendzone Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I am having the exact problem. Did you get the issue resolved?
  • dvddvd Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    endzone wrote: »
    I am having the exact problem. Did you get the issue resolved?

Nope, TomTom was zero help and I just gave up. They claimed it would be fixed in the next rev. Nothing ever happened then they just closed the ticket and refused to reopen. I will never purchase another TomTom product ever again.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    Hi
    @dvd

See Tomtom video... Get data, hands-free calls and smartphone messages using your iPhone and MyDrive app

ATB YFM
  • dvddvd Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @dvd

See Tomtom video... Get data, hands-free calls and smartphone messages using your iPhone and MyDrive app

ATB YFM

Tried this as well as many other suggestions online and no luck. I only want it to do what it used to do was to be able to import routes I created without having to connect to my laptop each time. It makes the initial connection then indicates it lost connection and never connects again. I tried 3 different iPhones once this issue started to appear last year. It was right after an update from TomTom. Never worked again. So now I just connect with my laptop each time I create a new route. P.I.T.A. and very disappointed especially with the support group and their customer service.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    Hi @dvd

Have you tried pairing your phone to the unit when you are out of range of your Wifi, whilst your Router is turned off or you have turned Wifi off on the unit.

Someone recently was having trouble connecting their phones and when they did as suggested above it worked straight away.

Worth a try.

Doug
  • MbjozMbjoz Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Having the same problem, cannot get this fixed and is driving me mad! been on the phone to TomTom multiple times and we just keep doing a reset... same thing every time. I can log into my drive if it is plugged into computer but not via personnel hotspot via iPhone.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 478 [Supreme Pioneer]
    The video above is only for newer WiFi Devices.

For a Rider 4x0 yo need this video

And a more complete description https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/content/name/Connect/page/3

Old BT pairings to the same device can/will block new attempts.
    So first remove BT pairing setting from the same device before a new attempt.
    Restarting your Phone before a new attempt can help.
    Turning off WiFi on your Phone before a new attempt can help. (mobile data must be on)

When nothing works Sometimes your iPhone needs a Factory reset to clear BT cache and conflicting settings.

Also a Drum reset of your Rider before an attempt can help.