Will my GO 530 still work fully after 6th April — TomTom Community

Will my GO 530 still work fully after 6th April

Will my TOM TOM GO 530 function fully after April 6th?

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,386 Superuser
    edited March 21
  • MechengMecheng Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi, many thanks for the prompt reply Lochfrass, I did what it stated. I then get a screen stating "Your device requires a key maintenance update! Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to update your device" which I did and got no further information.
    I then connected my device through TOMTOM Home and Downloaded all the available updated etc. but I don't believe it has updated to correct the GPS April 6th issue.
    I hope some-one can help me on this?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,962 Superuser
    edited March 21
    Hi @Mecheng

What are the first 2 characters of the serial number as 530's were on the list of end of life list in January 2018. There will have not been any updates since then. So need to ask Customer support if it is okay

Doug
  • MechengMecheng Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi DougLap, many thanks for the rapid response, I'm really glad some-one knows whats going on, I understand the Principles of requiring the update. Is there a method of checking that I can still use my satnav after April 6th, for example when the "so called" Y2K was around you could change the date on your clock and see what effect it had.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,962 Superuser
    Hi @Mecheng

Just found it. This may help. I have not checked your units situation.

In the first link Vikram explains the situation and what to check.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1108335/gps-week-number-roll-over/p1

This link shows you how to find your Software version

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12214

Doug