Go 930 is not on the list of the outfaced GPS — TomTom Community

Go 930 is not on the list of the outfaced GPS

P2TomP2Tom Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
It is a bit confusing that my Go 930 is not on the list of the outfaced GPS however, a pre-Home page window states that it is..
So which one?
I do have European speed-cameras warning that purchased and also the US map. What happens with those? I need the European camera warnings!
Furthermore I do not see that the offered camera has beside of the US map (where I am) the European maps, which I use multiple times a year.
I do hope that the Go 930 still be updated. This GPS has more features than any GPS you make.
Paul

Answers

• justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I think you'll find it IS now no longer supported but TT have (typically) not bothered to update their lists recently https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/obsolete-products/#car

Double-check here:- https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_us
  • P2TomP2Tom Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think you'll find it IS now no longer supported but TT have (typically) not bothered to update their lists recently https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/obsolete-products/#car

Double-check here:- https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_us

Beside of the confusing information, they do not list email address any longer to ask a question. Customer service is getting "better".
    Unfortunately, the last URL does not work in the USA.
    Paul
    The recommended "upgrade" of my GO 930 to a GO 620 is in the English language should be described correctly as a "downgrade". Just as the 620 is a lesser number than the 930, the product too 310 points lesser value than the GO 930.
    I am located in the US where I use the GO 930, also in Canada and several times a year in Europe.
    The minuscule memory increase does not affect me since I do have a 64 GB SD memory card while the new GO 620 capable only to use a 32 GB micro SD memory addition. The added information on the screen is not helpful, you also have drive, not looking longer period the screen, trying to figure it out what and why showing.
    Furthermore:
    My GO 930 does everything what the GO 620 does and much more!
    My GO 930 able to connect via built in FM transmitter to the car stereo and plays music, plays video and read books (I have ca. two thousand songs, eight of two-hour movies, a few books that reads on the Go 930)
    It is unbelievably BAD that you cannot type in "My Places" (yeah, it is a better name than "Favorites" - to some) in the GO 620, while in my GO 930, I can put multiple favorites as I type in the address in addition - of course - all of the ability of the GO 620. It guides me from Germany over several countries to Portugal or from Umea Sweden to Baden bei Wien and anywhere else. The GO 620 you can only look in the map and then point it that there is where you want to go. Therefore, you must know your location on the map before you could put it in the stupidly named (My Places) list. If you do know the location on the map where you want to go then you do not need a GPS hence you know very well the area in that case. Insanely impractical and useless!
    TomTom has no technical description - outside some "trying to get you" gimmicks for the new device on their site, and even worse; they do not have email contact any longer. So not only their products but the services too gone to the dogs.
    It is notable that TomTom has lost all European carmakers' contracts.
    I wonder why.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    This link may work for email:

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/p/4283/es/0/c/4554

That said, your points about the 930 are well taken..........
    Thank you for the email link! I have been trying it so many ways and could not get it.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,550
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi Doug,

Thank you for you too the email address. I could not find it before.
    P.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,062
    Superusers
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    @P2Tom
    P2Tom wrote: »
    (Snip) It is unbelievably BAD that you cannot type in "My Places" (yeah, it is a better name than "Favorites" - to some) in the GO 620, while in my GO 930, I can put multiple favorites as I type in the address in addition - of course - all of the ability of the GO 620. It guides me from Germany over several countries to Portugal or from Umea Sweden to Baden bei Wien and anywhere else. The GO 620 you can only look in the map and then point it that there is where you want to go. Therefore, you must know your location on the map before you could put it in the stupidly named (My Places) list. If you do know the location on the map where you want to go then you do not need a GPS hence you know very well the area in that case. Insanely impractical and useless! (Snip)
    You CAN Search for an Address and Add or Edit & Add the Address to MyPlaces
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search... Enter the required Address i.e... 15 High Street Ludlow

9jjto7hzdh06.jpg
    The device offers 15 High Street Ludlow --> Tap on the offered Address
    A Quick Menu opens --> Tap on the 3Dot Icon --> Tap 'Add to MyPlaces'

eq3xepavqiij.jpg
    A new window opens with the Keyboard choose Edit the MyPlace Name or Accept the offered name... Tap 'Add' to to add 15 High Street Ludlow to MyPlaces... Easy Peasy !!!

GO 620 User Guide
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/index.htm

ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,062
    Superusers
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    @P2Tom

When using 'MyPlaces' menu you don't have to search down the long list of MyPlaces
    You can search MyPlaces....

The MyPlaces appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwitch
    Costa Bridgnorth

Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    If you Type say 'C' a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    Or
    Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    Then type say 'C' and a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display
    After completing your search, to navigate to a 'MyPlace'... Tap the required MyPlace --> Tap the 'Drive' Icon or Tap on the 3Dot Icon, a quick menu will open with more options

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    PPS... There is also a dual Icon with 3 Lines & 2 Circles...

bf5c60ee-cdb2-4ca7-bcae-a1f0f9623372.jpg
    Tap the the 3 Lines or 2 Circles to toggle between List & Map view
    Tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Keyboard & Search menu

ATB YFM