Battery — TomTom Community

Battery

i cannot get my tomtom watch to hold charge. I have let the battery run down, I have done a reset and full reset. I have tried charging from USB and from plug.
The best I can get is the watch showing 3/4 battery but when I go to use it it says no battery and shuts down.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    edited March 2019
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. Try letting the battery fully drain and then do a factory reset and if that does not work go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 which may fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/software-version-rollback-requests-battery-issues-runner-spark-watch-series-1030088

It could also just be that the battery is worn out (they seem to last 2-3 years) and it is time for a new watch.
  • GronnieGronnie Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I won't be buying Tomtom again, this is only 1.5yrs old - given the price.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    Gronnie wrote: »

Considering they went out of business just about 1.5 years ago you definitely should not buy another one, even if you could.
  • ezekiel100ezekiel100 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote: »

Considering they went out of business just about 1.5 years ago you definitely should not buy another one, even if you could.

really they out off of the market? and the tech support?
  • ezekiel100ezekiel100 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i cannot get my tomtom watch to hold charge. I have let the battery run down, I have done a reset and full reset. I have tried charging from USB and from plug.
    The best I can get is the watch showing 3/4 battery but when I go to use it it says no battery and shuts down.

you fixed the problem? i have the same