TomTom GO - "Your purchase has failed, please try again" (iOS) — TomTom Community

TomTom GO - "Your purchase has failed, please try again" (iOS)

Hi,

My 3-year TomTom GO subscription has recently expired and I'm trying to purchase a new one. When I try to purchase it via the in-app purchase, I get the following message: "Your purchase has failed, please try again" . My account wasn't charged. Can you help me to resolve this problem?

Comments

• PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 333 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi dzana,

Is your TomTom account and password working OK? Try signing into TomTOm MyDrive at:

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/

Is that the same account and password that you're using in TomTom Go Mobile iOS?

The in-app purchase should be done via your apps account. If you were to buy any other app or in-app purchase, does that work OK through the app store?

Is your method of payment for the app store still valid?

Try ringing TomTom support.

Just a few things to try.
  • dzanadzana Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi dzana,

Is your TomTom account and password working OK? Try signing into TomTOm MyDrive at:

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/

Is that the same account and password that you're using in TomTom Go Mobile iOS?

The in-app purchase should be done via your apps account. If you were to buy any other app or in-app purchase, does that work OK through the app store?

Is your method of payment for the app store still valid?

Try ringing TomTom support.

Just a few things to try.

Thanks for helpful tips.

1. I have successfully signed into TomTom MyDrive using the same credentials I use in TomTom Go Mobile iOS
    2. I tried making in-app purchase in other application and it was successful. This also means that my payment method is still valid
    3. I will try calling TomTom Support and asking for assistance
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,314 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @dzana

Welcome to the Community!

Please see my comment here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1629325/#Comment_1629325

Cheers, lampard
  • dzanadzana Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard

Sorry for the late response.

Before posting this, I had tried your method already but with little success. The restrictions are completely off for my phone.
  • Alster53Alster53 Posts: 24 [Master Explorer]
    I’ve got the same problems. To be honest I wasn’t sure wether it was worth renewing any way. This has just made my mind up!! I’ll be sticking to google maps from now on
  • RichardFosseRichardFosse Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have a valid AppStore account and I am able to make purchases. In app purchase restriction are turned off . My appstore account credit card is correct. Despite all of this I am still unable to upgrade. I have also searched for a support line telephone number but cant find one. I urgently need to upgrade, I am travelling out of Europe next week and cant use GoogleMaps due to roaming charges