Successful Updated Failed! — TomTom Community

Successful Updated Failed!

Three times now, following an "Updates are Available" message, I have connected the 5200 to my computer; checked that both are connected to the internet, and pressed "Update."

After a while, I look at the 5200 and there's a message that says "Updates failed! Try again or get in touch with [email protected]"

I then press the "Back" arrow, and a message appears "Your Tomtom is now uptodate"...

What's happening? Is it up to date or not? Did the update fail or not?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,249 Superusers
    Updates for that model should be done using WiFi. You CAN use the usb cable connected to the computer with MyDriveConnect running BUT minimized.
  • OpenpaddlerOpenpaddler Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have exactly the same error - update failed for speed cameras (the 5200 has a lifetime subscription). Then it shows as updates complete.
    I use a wifi connection with power via the USB - what happens now?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,985 Superuser
    Hi @Openpaddler @GaryGM @VikramK

There have been a few reports about this , especially for the speed cameras. It has been drawn to TT's attention. Hope it will be sorted soon,

Doug

• GaryGMGaryGM Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    dhn wrote: »
    Updates for that model should be done using WiFi. You CAN use the usb cable connected to the computer with MyDriveConnect running BUT minimized.
    Thanks, but the 5200 is connected to the computer for the power. The connection is otherwise wireless - this shows in the settings.

The same result has also been obtained when there was no physical connection between the computer and the 5200.
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Openpaddler @GaryGM @VikramK

There have been a few reports about this , especially for the speed cameras. It has been drawn to TT's attention. Hope it will be sorted soon,
    Thanks.

There were two updates, Speed Camera and a minor map adjustment.
    Do you know which of the messages is correct? Has the update failed or been successful? (Perhaps one has and the other hasn't?) If I can rely on both having been successful, then it doesn't particularly matter.

Can you say if, for example, a Speed Camera update fails, it has failed for ever, or does the 5200 "know" that it is missing something and the next time it updates the previous and the current?

PS
    It has been drawn to TT's attention.
    Who's TT?
  • CJOCJO Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I get the same issue with my 6200, it happened first time a few weeks ago when I updated the speed cameras then it stopped for a couple of updates then it started again with the last update, so you are not alone.

I have spoken to the UK helpdesk and it appears that they are aware of the problem.

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,790 TomTom Moderator
    Hello everyone..

I am just collecting these reports so I can pass these to our Product Team.

Once I have an update, only then I would be able to comment on this..

Regards
    Vikram
  • GaryGMGaryGM Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    big wrote: »
    GaryGM wrote: »
    Who's TT?
    TomTom

Thanks... I have an Audi TT... =)
  • CJOCJO Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    strangely the update from yesterday did not throw this issue.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,985 Superuser
    Hi @CJO

Agree. I think the next time I may ensure I load each update separately to see if that helps other than the cameras and Mapshare together.
    Doug