Update has gone south - help required — TomTom Community

Update has gone south - help required

BrinleyBrinley Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi
Got a letter from Renault informing me that the TOM TOM in my Megane needs updating.

Removed the card from the car inserted in Computy only to be told its locked. Little lock slider didn't change so based on forum posts I formatted the card.

The inserted card into Car turned on car - tom tom came back with card ready for use with Tom Tom Home.

Re-Insert card into computy and only updates it shows is for voice & GPS fix (No application option)

Opened tthome.bif and its only has my username in it. (No license details)

Can anyone help as I have wasted a good few hours on this and getting a bit peeved going round in circles.

Cheers
Brinley

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Hi @Brinley

Welcome to the community!

If you connect the device now, a map should also be offered for download..

Could you check of updates again?

Thanks
    Vikram :)
  • BrinleyBrinley Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram

Thank you for your help.

Tried to re-download as you suggested and there are a few more items available which I did download however the only map available was for europe which requires 2.3 GB and my card only has a capacity of 1.87GB so i cant download it.

Basically all i need is the maps for UK & Ireland but they were not available and I don't know how to get them.
    So might have to contact Tom Tom directly.

Cheers
    Brinley
    Doesa anyone have the email address for Tom Tom customer support?

I emailed Carminat Helpline UK [[email protected]] which was on the letter from Renault regarding having to update but they have yet to responded after a week.

Cheers
    Brinley
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,745
    Superuser
    Hi @Brinley

Maybe this will get @VikramK back to you. Give him time..

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,263
    Superusers
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    @VikramK

From @VikramK Post Here....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1108335/gps-week-number-roll-over/p1?new=1

Check you device has the latest Operating system Version 8.843
    Released on 23 January 2019 This update applies to: Carminat TomTom
    Bug fixes and improvements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.
    This update prepares your navigation device for the week number rollover in April 2019 which has an impact on GPS.

ATB YFM

Hi @Brinley

I have activated a smaller map so I would suggest that you check for updates again.

I am not sure what is current size of the memory card you are using, but I would like to add that your device can support a memory card of upto size 8Gig.

See this FAQ: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634

Thanks
    Vikram
    Hi Vikram

Thanks again for your assistance but as I mentioned above the capacity of the card I have is 2.3 GB but only has 1.87GB available after installing the other files.

So the smaller Europe map you made available is unfortunately still too big - is there something smaller like Maps for just UK & Ireland?

Have a good one.

Cheers
    Brinley
    Activated just the UK and ROI..
    Hi VikramK

Thank you for taking the time to respond again.

This time I am happy to say I was able to download the UK maps and everything is working fine once more.

Much appreciated.

Cheers
    Brinley