MyDrive App iOS available for download v2.8

VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,512 TomTom Moderator
edited March 19 in MyDrive and Road Trips
Hello Everyone,

We have released an update of MyDrive app(18th March 2019) that contains new features "LAST MILE NAVIGATION" and "FIND MY CAR" for iOS only.

Last mile navigation: This is trusted guidance, in-car and then on foot, right to your destination's front door. TomTom GO and TomTom MyDrive are with you, literally, every step of the journey.

zbklz7fvxw07.png

To plan a route to a destination that is not reachable by car, follow the steps below:

1. Plan your route to your destination using MyDrive on your computer or smartphone
2. Send your destination to your device
3. Start driving to your destination using your device and the app connected
4. Park your car and switch off your device.
5. Start the MyDrive app on your Smart phone
6. You are asked 'It seems you have parked your car. Would you like to continue your route on foot?'
Select Yes.
7. The MyDrive app guides you to your destination using a walking route (!!! this is not turn by turn, the apps shows the pedestrian route and your current location on that route).

Find My Car: On your way back? Instead of weighing on your mind, your car's location is saved on your mobile via TomTom GO and TomTom MyDrive. After using Last Mile Navigation, you can use 'Find My Car' when you are ready to leave.

y84qowgawl4n.png

To plan a route back to your car, do the following:

1. Start the MyDrive app on your Smartphone
2. Tap on the 'My Car' POI icon (next to the current location icon)
3. Select 'Walk here'
4. The MyDrive app guides you back to your car using a walking route (!!! this is not turn by turn, the apps shows the pedestrian route and your current location on that route).
5. A walking route is available if you are within 250m - 2 km range
6. When you reach your car, switch on your TomTom GO Premium and the 'My Car' POI will be cleared automatically

Note: A public FAQ will be also available soon for customers.

Drive safe!
Vikram :)
Have a question? Ask!
Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
Tagged:

Comments

• dmulvdmulv Posts: 603 Superuser
    edited March 18
    I'm probably pre-empting something answered by the FAQs, but when you say:
    After using Last Mile Navigation, you can use 'Find My Car' when you are ready to leave.
    ...does that mean 'Find My Car' is only available if you previously launched the app to use Last Mile Navigation on that journey?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,745 Community Manager
    edited March 19
    dmulv wrote: »
    ...does that mean 'Find My Car' is only available if you previously launched the app to use Last Mile Navigation on that journey?

Yes. When you switch off the SatNav the location where you parked your car is saved.

This text string will be in the manual:

4. Park and switch off your device.
    The MyDrive app marks the spot where you have parked your car as a POI.