TOMTOM Rejected Street Name Change

mtnxtrememtnxtreme Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Our road name was changed back to its original historical name and I went thru all the steps on this site to get TOMTOM to update the maps to the new name. I even sent a copy of the town resolution showing the name change with a town stamp and notarized and they rejected it ? I don't get it. We'd like to get it updated so people using gps can still find us. What can do, can't find a contact email for that department.

Best Answer

Answers

• MrMMrM Posts: 148 [Exalted Navigator]
    Have you tried this site: https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/
    Hmm, that site does not seen to work anymore. Link in the footer: report a map change

occaa6ybv0zw.png
  • mtnxtrememtnxtreme Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thats what I used and this is what I got :
    Type Status
    Rename street Not accepted

submitted Mar 12, 2019 9:15 AM
    incorrect name John Tuttle Rd
    correct name Sanford Hollow Rd.
    comments
    The town has approved the name change of our road in New Kingston NY 12459 from John Tuttle Rd. to the original historical name of Sanford Hollow Rd. , I have attached the resolution supplied to me by the town, the coordinates of the road are Latitude: 42.213834, Longitude: -74.68257 . Can you please change this in your system ? Do you need anything else? Thank You , Louie
    coordinates 42.21600, -74.68742
    id f7f8ef8b-8241-4205-b599-1501a574cf77
    Well, time for a TomTom moderator to respond.
    Yes hopefully a moderator can help, this was all done legal by the town, we would like to keep confusion to a minimum when people are coming to this road with GPS. I was told TOMTOM controls most of the GPS maps ???
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,504 Superuser
    @mtnxtreme

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,304 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @mtnxtreme

I have asked the team to look into this.

Thanks
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    @mtnxtreme

I am happy to let you know that our team has picked up this report internally..

It could take anything between 6-9 months for the changes to reflect on the PND maps..

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    What do you men by internally, does that mean they found out about it from other sources ? And wondering if there are any other mapping sites I should contact ?

edited March 18
    I mean the correction you reported has been updated in our map database.. :)

But for the changes to reflect on the maps on the PND's it could take some time.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Should we contact Google Maps, other GPS companies etc, or will they get the info from you guys ? Trying to avoid confusion sooner than later !
  • Maddog1Maddog1 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Looks like you should have left the road name alone! :p
    Maddog1 wrote: »
    Looks like you should have left the road name alone! :p

We're willing to do the work, this is a very historical effort for our village, the original name dates back to 1830, sometime in the 70's someone had the bright idea, someone knew someone, or someone threw someone a few buck to change it. 95% of our residents approved the restoration back to the historical name.
    VikramK wrote: »
    I mean the correction you reported has been updated in our map database.. :)

But for the changes to reflect on the maps on the PND's it could take some time.

Regards
    Vikram

Any word on this ? Google Maps has made the change on their end, wondering how soon we can expect TOM TOM to follow. Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,340 Superusers
    edited May 2
    Hi
    @mtnxtreme
    VikramK wrote: »
    @mtnxtreme
    I am happy to let you know that our team has picked up this report internally..
    It could take anything between 6-9 months for the changes to reflect on the PND maps..

Regards
    Vikram
    Posted March 18 2019 by Vikram

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'