TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Slow and rebooting its self when conected to cloud

Hi all. I have a tomtom 6000 with added SD card with my maps on so I have lots of free space and for a long time ( 2 years or so now ) it’s just simply not performing. My device is slow to acknowledge my inputs, takes ages to load after turning it on and reboots it’s self very very often at inconvenient times whilst driving. I have noticed all this happens only while conected to the cloud as it has a built in sim. I am a delivery driver and have a lot of favourites (hundreds) stored which will be on the cloud.
I am guessing no matter if I am connected to the cloud and no matter how many favourites I have stored my device should still do and work as it’s supposed to do. Is this happening because I am connected to the cloud and have a lot of favourites stored?
I have tried my device disconnected from the cloud and it works great but the only issue I have then is if I save an address to my favourites then it won’t save it to the cloud even if I reconnect to the cloud at a later time/day.
Does saving address to cloud only work whilst connected live or are saved address supposed to upload to cloud once you login to it at a later date?
Please can anyone shed any light on my poor performance whilst connected to the cloud?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,981 Superusers
    edited March 15
    Hi
    @dotcomdan

By disconnected from the Cloud, do you mean you have logged out of MyDrive on the GO 6000 device

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Yes that’s right my friend. I have logged out of my cloud on my 6000 and then it work great. Faster to load, no rebooting it’s self and immediate response from my inputs. Then I suffer the issue of saving my favourites to cloud as mentioned before. I logged out of cloud and found my 6000 to work as normal so I ran with that for a while as it was operating normally until I noticed it wasn’t saving my favourites to the cloud. When I logged back in to my cloud on my device I noticed it hadn’t saved my favourites to the cloud, only saved them to the device. So all the ones I saved whilst logged out had not saved to the cloud only to the device. Once I logged back in they still never uploaded to the cloud however the ones saved whilst logged back in did save on the cloud.
    This leaves me to think you can only save favourites to cloud whilst you actually logged into it.
    Hope this makes sense?
  • dotcomdandotcomdan Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    So because I need to be logged into the cloud to save my favourites then the performance of my 6000 is absolutely diabolical. So slow, rebooting etc.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,688 Superuser
    Hi @dotcomdan

I have checked my GO5000. If have created a Favourite on another unit then closed that down after a few minutes. I opened MyDrive on my PC and the new Favourite has been stored there.

If I then open the GO 5000, making sure it is connected to the cloud, and created another new favourite on that and then left it working and connected to the Cloud it updated itself to include the First Favourite created on the other machine.. When I reopen My Drive on the PC then both the New favourites are there on the PC.

Based on this then you should be able to run the GO6000 Off Cloud and then log in to the Cloud occasionally as it should then Sync all the data..

I would suggest that you could try a Full Reset. But be aware that when you do this all your Favourites, POI and Route file will be deleted once reset. They should however after the reset be restored.

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This should tidy up the software and hopefully speed things up a bit. I cannot detect much if any difference in performance with the unit connected or not to the Cloud. but I only have a few favourites.

After the Reset once it is connected to the Cloud again it should sync your Favourites etc itself from your MyDrive account. Because of the large number you have it may take a while but mine certainly reloads all the Favourites , POI and Route files I have in My Drive account back onto my unit after a Full Reset.

Doug
    edited March 15
    Hi
    @dotcomdan

GO 6200
    I turned off MyDrive (Tomtoms Cloud) on the device
    Saved four new MyPlaces... Added a # character to the start of each new Myplaces (to move them to the top of the MyPlaces list)
    Shut down & restarted the Device
    Logged into MyDrive on the device

Started the MyDrive Web Route Planner (Using FireFox)
    Opened MyPlaces... None of the new MyPlaces were displayed
    Refreshed the Browser/MDW Route planners page
    All four new places were displayed OK at the top of the MyPlaces list

ATB YFM

Hi. I have just tried this. I logged out of my drive on my go6000. Put in #1 and #2 as stored places turned off device then turned it back on then logged back into MyDrive opened up MyDrive route planner on safari gone to my places then refreshed page a few times and still nothing there. I even tried the same in google chrome and refreshed page a few times but nothing there. I then entered #3 and #4 into my places on my go6000 whilst logged in to MyDrive on the device and they are not showing on MyDrive on pc even after logging out of MyDrive on pc then logging back in and refreshing. So #1#2#3#4 should show on pc or on app but none do. Is there a limit to how many stored address you can have?
    Hi
    @dotcomdan

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> About...
    How much Frees space do you have for the Internal memory
    400MB is considered to be the bare Minimum

ATB YFM

I always seem to get live traffic without any issue. It just all seems to be cloud (MyDrive) related
    I also tried upgrading to 6200 when that was first released a year or 2 ago thinking my satnav was under performing but once I logged into MyDrive on the brand new 6200, I had exactly the same issues so I sent that back and carried on with my 6000
    That’s why I think is a problem with my MyDrive account rather than the device although I may be wrong in saying that. I don’t know
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,688 Superuser
    edited March 15
    Hi @dotcomdan

It might be an idea to take the GO6000 outside whilst its logged into its MyDrive account to make sure you have the best possible connection via the Inbuilt Sim.

I assume that you have

Tap Menu
    Tap TomTom Services
    Is MyDrive showing as Activated

On this page you can see if Traffic and Speed Camera Updates are Activated and sometimes whilst they have got Activated against them MyDrive hasn't. When it is Activated the Cloud Icon should be okay.

How about trying the following

Select a favourite and create a route to it.
    Now delete the Favourite from the MyPlaces list and then see if after a time MyDrive on your PC updates the deletion.. This might test whether freeing up a Favourite works and then see if it is replaced by another that hasn't synced before. If that happens maybe there is a limit.

Once you have tried this restore the place to Favourites from the Route you created.

Doug.

edited March 15
    Hi
    @dotcomdan

I use a personal POI Category instead of the MyPlaces list

Many users have asked for the facility to backup their MyPlaces to a PC
    The MyDrive Route planner allows you to download your data from the Tomtom Cloud
    3d6xrq52c0wz.png
    The file looks like unusable Gobbledegook, the MyPlaces can be found in the file
    Click on image to enlarge....
    x3keyqdqe377.png
    Save the MyDrive Web Route planner data file... (Your user name goes here)_MyDrive.json.gz file to your Desktop

User Ethoz....
    Posted a link to a excellent Tomtom MyPlaces to .Ov2 POI file converter tool
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://chbworld.net/software/tomtompoi.html&prev=search

There's a Mac & PC version ....

Download and install TomtomPOI.exe from the above link
    Note... I have Virus checked the file with Avast Anti Virus all OK
    Run TomtomPOI

Ist Click on Open...
    Find/Load the (Your user name goes here)_MyDrive.json.gz file Saved from the Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner
    a3bdf3f4-a5bd-46bf-9447-683ddf169f40.png
    2nd Click on Copy
    3rd Click on Yes
    5567983e-03cb-46bc-a0f8-c09e5d822af2.png
    4th Click on Yes
    0d841302-e88f-4af0-bb4a-764126dc21d6.png
    5th Click on Save
    a8fe2080-c483-47ce-b413-b1606cd50aba.png
    Name the .Ov2 file & Save to the PC Desktop
    I saved my file to the Desktop as "_Favorites (Note "_Favorites.ov2" The Underscore before the "_F" is not displayed on the Tomtom screen, but it forces the POI Category to the top of the list

You can, of course, save the POI Category under any name

Note: Saving a file is the only way I have found to give the file the name you want rather than the default name, it’s also handy to have a backup of your .Ov2 file on your PC

The only downside is you have to maintain the Category manually
    I use the free version of Tyre to Travel... http://www.tyretotravel.com/download-tyre/
    Or
    The free version of the MyRoute App... https://www.myrouteapp.com/en
    As with Tyre the subscription version (Gold) Uses Tomtom maps and many added extra features

(1)..... Run Tyre to Travel
    Wait for Tyre to stop being busy

(2).....Double Click on the Tyre map at the position you would like to create a POI (Favorite) or use the yellow box in Tyre to search for addresses postcodes etc...

(3)….. To prevent double entry's in MyPlaces on the GO, when you are planning POI's (_Favorites), edit the names of your POI's so they each POI has a unique name that means something to you or modify the Name offered by Tyre so it becomes unique
    (3.1)..... When you have finished compiling your list,
    (3.2)….. From the Tyre "File Tab" select "Convert to a TomTom POI File”

e5b145ab-3a27-4fab-8142-8acd71b104de.png
    (3.3)….. From the Tyre "File Tab” Select “Save as" I saved my file to the Desktop as "_Favorites (Note "_Favorites.ov2" The Underscore before the "_F" is not displayed on the Tomtom screen, but it forces the POI Category to the top of the list

You can, of course, save the POI Category under any name

Note: Saving a file is the only way I have found to give the file the name you want rather than the default name, it’s also handy to have a backup of your .Ov2 file on your PC

(4.0)..... Use My Drive to load your New Favorites POI Category to your device

Using MyDrive.....

You can now delete the MyPlaces that aren't required (Saves the MyPlaces blue star screen clutter) and use your New Favorites POI Category instead… Any editing of a POI Category must be done offline using Tyre or MyRoute App as the NAV4 devices haven’t got the facility to edit POI Categories on the device

You can't show a POI category on the driving map, but you can show categorised POI's on the Map during a search
    Tomtom video for using MyDrive... The loading of POI's starts at 2Minutes 10Seconds.....

For example... I have loaded the 3rd party POI's for the National Trust... To show the POI's for "National Trust" on the map, work your way down to option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap (....)4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    Scroll down and select the required POI Category For example "National Trust"
    You now have three options
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type dud(maston) (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Dudmaston Hall and select the Drive Icon

You also have two further options.....
    After the initial "National Trust" POI selection
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles

f889ad92-ec4d-4cff-b7ab-06acfe020b8a.jpg(1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the "National Trust" sites in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the "National Trust" sites POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail) (Note..... On the Start range it's easier to tap the plus and minus buttons to zoom the map screen)
    as far as I'm aware it will show the nearest 60ish POI's around your location
    There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

An example of the generic Icons on the search screen, the Icons are dynamic so the closer you zoom more icons apear
    74eedb1f-18ae-449b-a8b5-97669f825f30.jpgATB YFM