Planned route being cancelled

CamboG
CamboG Registered Users Posts: 19
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
As soon as I have entered a destination the route is displayed but having pressed the drive & lets go tab the route is cancelled for no apparent reason.
Tried a soft reset, still the same.
Any advice please.
Tagged:

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi @CamboG

I assume this is your GO6200.

Sounds like a Full Reset is the next move.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This will delete all your Data including any Favourites, Poi and Route files you may have added. The Favourites, Poi. and Route Files on your unit should all be listed on your account, with a few rare exceptions, which you can see if you log into your account here.

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/#mode=viewport+viewport=51.39601,0.32527,18,0,-0+ver=3

So when you Reset it you will have to set it up again, language and Wifi etc. Turn it off and then on again and when the Unit has logged into the TT account it should sync any Favourites, Poi and Route files back onto itself via the inbuilt Mobile Sim or the Wifi connection if you are within range. The maps are not affected by the reset.

Doug
  • CamboG
    Master Explorer
    Yes Doug it’s my 6200, completed hard reset and set device up again, ok for a couple of days then started doing it again.😩
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @CamboG

It looks like you should try Customer Support unless you want to try the following first.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

The 3 tap is the tricky bit getting the timing right

Doug
  • CamboG
    Master Explorer
    Done another hard reset and it seems to behaving it’s self again Doug, I’m in the USA at the moment, will contact customer support on my return to UK.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @CamboG

Don't get lost. =)=)

Doug
  • CamboG
    Master Explorer
    Many thanks Doug.