Can i use my drive connect to update tomtom go camper ? — TomTom Community

Can i use my drive connect to update tomtom go camper ?

rolandgroenvynckrolandgroenvynck Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
if i try to connect my device with my drive connect the message "get the last updates from the system , you don't need a computer?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @rolandgroenvynck

You do not need a computer to update your GO Camper is directly by Wifi is the recommended route..

When you start the unit up it should show you if there are any pending updates. When you see the list select and load one update at a time with any Operating Software being your first choice.

It is recommended that your Wifi download speed is 30mbs so if you have any trouble because your Wifi is slow then you can use your computer fro updates.

If you refer to @yamfazman's post on the following it gives a very good summary of the options and methodology.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1041590/wifi-620-wifi-connection-problem-when-connected-with-usb

Doug
  • rolandgroenvynckrolandgroenvynck Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Actually , do i need Mydrive connect anyway?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi @rolandgroenvynck

If you can Update successfully and download and Add Maps, see Maps in Settings, directly with your Wifi then you are unlikely to need MyDrive Connect.

What you should look at and log into with your TT account that you used on the GO Camper is MyDrive on your Computer at

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/#mode=viewport+viewport=51.39601,0.32527,18,0,-0+ver=3

On there you can see your Favourites (My Places) that are on your unit. Also you can add your own POI and Route files into your MyDrive account there then when you turn your GO Camper on, your Computer can be off, the Poi and Route Files will sync to your Go Camper and any new Favourites you create and save in MyDrive are also synced across.

One advantage of MyDrive is that it is your Backup for the machine. If you ever have to do a Full Reset of your GO Camper after which you will have to set it up again, then the GO Camper syncs back to your MyDrive account and restores the Favourites, Poi and Route Files you had on it via its inbuilt Mobile Sim..

Hope that helps.

Doug