RIDER 500/550 Bluetooth Issue — TomTom Community

RIDER 500/550 Bluetooth Issue

daveday1daveday1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi,

I’ve recently bought a RIDER 500 and I’m having trouble connecting both iPhone AND Sena 10S over Bluetooth.

The Sena 10S connects fine via Bluetooth on it’s own, as does the iPhone but the RIDER simply refuses to connect to both at the same time.

I’ve contacted Tomtom support, they tell me that my headset is not on the list of supported headsets.

They have provided a list of compatible headsets.

I’m willing to sell my perfectly good Sena 10S and buy one from their list in order to get this working but have no faith in Tomtom support’s claim that these headsets are fully supported.

Here is the list of supported headsets:

Schuberth SRCS C3 PRO
Scala Rider Freecom 1
Scala Rider Freecom 2
Scala Rider Freecom 4
Scala Rider Qz
Scala Rider Q1 *
Scala Rider Q3
Scala Rider G9x *
Scala Rider G9 (Handsfree Profile only)
Scala Rider Q2
Scala Rider SHO-1
Scala Rider SmartPack
Scala Rider Solo
N-com BX5
Sena SMH10
Sena SMH5
Sena 20S
Midland BT Next Conf.
Midland City&Eva
Interphone F3 MC
Interphone F4
Interphone F5
Interphone Sport
Interphone Tour
Interphone Urban
N-Com (NolanGroup) BX4 PLUS
Albrecht BPA 300
Interphone F3S
Interphone F5XT
Midland BT x1
Midland BT x2/x2 intercom *
Midland BT-Ski
Schuberth SRC-S2
Schuberth SRCS C3
J&M WLS465

My question, is there anyone with one of these headsets who can confirm that you can actually connect via Bluetooth to BOTH phone AND headset without issue?

Many, many thanks for any information.

Answers

• EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    Hi I use the Sena SC10U (Schuberth version) and have no problems using an android phone and tomtom

I would suggest you factory rest the Sena and the tomtom also delete the pairing from your phone. Down load the mydrive app and connect your phone to the tomtom using the app. Now turn off the tomtom and turn on the Sena. Connect your phone as "first mobile phone pairing" Once thats sorted turn on the tomtom and go to the Bluetooth menu, work through the sena menu to "second mobile phone pairing" and connect this to the tomtom
  • DagLovasDagLovas Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have the exact same issue with my Cardo Packtalk, Iphone 7 and Rider 550. Until 1-2 months ago, it worked perfectly. Every time I turned my Packtalk on, it connected to my phone and my Tomtom without any problems. Then sudently….
    Now it won't connect to both. If I first pair my phone, and then my Tomtom, my phone loose connection. And the same happens if I do it the other way around. I've been thinking it was an issue with the Packtalk, but as I now see the same problem, with the Sena, maybe the problem is the Tomtom..?
  • EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    Have you tried a hard reboot of the tomtom with the PND on hold the power button until you hear the drum roll an the device reboots
  • JeromeFraJeromeFra Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Sorry for my english I am french:
    How to connect a TomTom Rider 550, an Iphone and a Sena 10S

I don't know if some of you have such configuration but this is not obvious to implement. Often this is not really stable.

I have proceed the following way:

1- connect your Sena 10S with the Iphone
    2- Connect your TomTom rider 550 to the Iphone using on the TomTom parameters, bluetooth and connect your phone.
    3- Connect your TomTom rider to the Sena 10S in using on the Sena 10S the second phone connection and on the TomTom parameters bluetooth, helmet connection. You can also use the GPS bluetooth connexion on the Sena 10S but more complicated.

With this procedure I hace access to all functionalities on the TomTom as well as the Sena 10S. It works but this is not alaways stable and you can have some deconections. I have noticed that it is more stalbe if you start to turn on first the Iphone then the TomTom and at the end the Sena 10S (important to turn the Sena at the end).

If you have another procedure than this one to connect these three devices, I am interested if it is stable.
  • smudger64smudger64 Posts: 55 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    I Have a Sena SMH10 and for the most part it works, however I can't connect to my iphone 6s reliably. I have raised it with Tomtom who tell me its a known fault and they are 'working' on it. They told me that in July 2018 when I first brought it. I am now trying to get a refund as I've had enough of it.
    The 550 is specifically advertised as working with an iphone. IT DOESN'T and they know it doesn't so why are they still selling it?
    Oh and yes I have tried every possible combination of pairing and start up order. Not that should make any difference. The only way I can connect is by using a hotspot from my phone.
  • B19DAEB19DAE Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    smudger64 wrote: »
    I Have a Sena SMH10 and for the most part it works, however I can't connect to my iphone 6s reliably. I have raised it with Tomtom who tell me its a known fault and they are 'working' on it. They told me that in July 2018 when I first brought it. I am now trying to get a refund as I've had enough of it.
    The 550 is specifically advertised as working with an iphone. IT DOESN'T and they know it doesn't so why are they still selling it?
    Oh and yes I have tried every possible combination of pairing and start up order. Not that should make any difference. The only way I can connect is by using a hotspot from my phone.

Similar issue with my Sena SMH10 and Android phone. Sometimes it works other times not. Wondering now why I bothered with upgrading from the 400 to 550 other than a faster device.

I'll keep trying and hope they sort it out with and update but at the moment I get connection drop outs regulary during a ride.
  • Paul1dogPaul1dog Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    EXPORTMAN wrote: »
    Hi I use the Sena SC10U (Schuberth version) and have no problems using an android phone and tomtom

I would suggest you factory rest the Sena and the tomtom also delete the pairing from your phone. Down load the mydrive app and connect your phone to the tomtom using the app. Now turn off the tomtom and turn on the Sena. Connect your phone as "first mobile phone pairing" Once thats sorted turn on the tomtom and go to the Bluetooth menu, work through the sena menu to "second mobile phone pairing" and connect this to the tomtom

Can I ask what model of phone you are using?