How do you update a via 135? — TomTom Community

How do you update a via 135?

I have had this sat nav for many years but when connected to my computer with the updates loaded on the computer, for more than 2 years, after waiting for ages with warnings not to disconnect etc. It finishes with a message along the lines of “ unable to update” How do I get round this problem as the maps are years out of date and I suspect, without an update, it will stop working after April6th?

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    @Carl.g.kirk

You need to install MyDrive Connect
    Get it Here...tomtom.com/getstarted
    If you just want to future proof the device only install the Navcore update, the Navcore update is force ticked by Tomtom un-tick the remaining items
    always install any remaining items one at a time as required

ATB YFM
  • Carl.g.kirkCarl.g.kirk Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you I will give it a try.
    Well, I logged into TomTom home and it said that there was a newer version of my drive connect, so tried to update but it failed, so decided to uninstall TomTom and reinstall. Now it won't download onto my computer ( windows7) at all.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi @Carl.g.kirk

If your device is a VIA135, you should not use 'TomTom Home' but another software, 'MyDrive Connect'.

Does your Windows 7 have the SP1 pack?
    If No, please specify it here, the following method will not work. We will have to try another solution.

For Windows 7 with SP1:
    You must use a PC user account with administrator rights.
    1/ Uninstall MDC (and or TomTom Home), accept the removal of downloads in the popup.
    2/ 'Restart' your PC (Not Shut down or Sleep)
    3/ Download and install the last version MDC 4.2.4.3691, take it here ==> 'Download for Windows':
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12428

Regards.
    Hi, thanks again. I removed the old TomTom installation but my problem was re- loading it and even when I had the old version, MDC update would fail to install. In the end I found the old 2015 download in my file downloads and re-installed it. From there I have now successfully installed the 2019 map updates. I tried installing the current version of MDC and once again, it failed to install- maybe I don't need it?
    Superuser
    @Carl.g.kirk

MyDrive Connect will continually ask you to update it. You can refuse of course.

You have checked your Windows7, with SP1 or without SP1.
    On your desktop you must have a 'Computer' icon, right click on it and then 'Properties' or Control Panel/System and Security/System.
    In the top of the window, in 'Information about your computer' you should have the details of your W7.
    This may be the reason for your worry and there is a solution.

Regards.
    I haven’t checked but will do thanks. If the sat nav has the latest map update, do i need to worry any longer about the april6 changes that were my original concern that my sat nav would stop working?
    Superuser
    @Carl.g.kirk

What is important for the "GPS Week Number Roll-Over" is that your VIA135 has the latest update of the NavCore (internal device software) version 12.075. Check it. But if you could update the map you must have it.
    ==> tap the screen / Settings / Me and My device / About my device / the beginning of the 2nd line App 12.075.xxxxxxx.xx

See this topic:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1624735/#Comment_1624735

Regards.
    Yes,it is 12.075
    Thanks for everyones help, its all up to date now. I have to admit I gave up on past attempts to update it but felt the impending April6 deadline spurred me to try again
    Superuser
    @Carl.g.kirk

If all it's Ok for you it's the main thing. :)

When you have time look at your Windows7. Without SP1 just install a different version of MyDrive Connect.
    See this topic, the downgrade version:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234105/#Comment_1234105

Regards.