How can I get my recorded routes from my TomTom go live 6200 to Mydrive (my PC)? — TomTom Community

How can I get my recorded routes from my TomTom go live 6200 to Mydrive (my PC)?

MarcelloMarcello Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
I recorded a scenic route on my TomTom but don't know how to get it to my PC. I would like to share it with other friends. When I want to share it using my TomTom it orders me to use a different memory card, but then I don't any map.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,727
    Superuser
    Hi @Marcello

This is a very interesting question.

You don't indicate the TT model you have.

To transfer routes on my TT unit I
    Tap Menu
    Tap My Routes
    Tap Share

Originally for this to work the Map that the Routes relate to have to be on the internal memory. If I am correct then I cannot , and could not, do it on my GO5000 as the map is on the Additional memory. I have not seen any announcement form TT that this situation has changed.

If your map is on the internal memory then the unit asks you to insert a memory card, which you will have to have had the TT unit format for Routes, then it writes to that card and you can take it out and export to your PC.

I am going to try if this will work on my GO Camper where I will create a route on the Additional memory map. I will let you know tomorrow.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @Marcello

Well I have tried this and the answer is that if you have created and saved a route it is tied to the relevant map. The only way the you can share it from the Tomtom unit is to have the relevant map on the Internal Memory and then when you have inserted a Tomtom formatted SD card, which can be quite small as the files are small, then you can copy the route to that card.

If you have something like my GO5000 then the European maps are now so big it is basically impossible to get it on the internal memory unless you can persuade Tomtom to allocate a smaller map that will suit you so that you can load it. I also have a GO Camper so I have the option, if I really need to, to move the route related map to the internal memory. I dont know if moving it will include the route or whether I would have to move the map first then create the route so that it will be available to Share.

Hope that helps

Doug
  • MarcelloMarcello Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Doug, I have a GO 6000 and the smallest European map there is, is to big and therefore installed on the SD card. I can't shared the recorded route on that same SD card because it holds the map. It looks like TomTom should make a smaller European map (without any 3D buildings) which goes on the internal memory.

In April 2016 I posted a problem with speedcams caused by maps on SD card. Mikko (working at TT) raised a ticket for it. Maybe TomTom can help now as well.

Kind regards, Marcello
    Superuser
    Hi @Marcello

Maybe @VikramK can check your settings at there end to see if there is a problem that can sort out your Speed Cameras not working relative to European Map on your external memory whilst they do for smaller internal loaded map.

Doug
  • MarcelloMarcello Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Sorry Doug, I wasn't very clear, the problem with the speedcams is solved by TomTom. (this problem was 2 years ago) I just gave this as an example for the problem I have now with to large maps which can only be installed on the SD memory.
    Marcello