maps deleted — TomTom Community

maps deleted

Hi I have a go 720, I wanted to add some updates to my device, but to do so I had to delete some files and I deleted all my maps without backing them up, ( idiot I know ) now there are no maps on my tomtom is there any way I can reinstall them, thank you.

Steve

Best Answers

Answers

• steve_coolsteve_cool Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you Vikramk, how do I get me united kingdom & Europe maps back, I deleted them by mistake to free up some space for updates, they went into a file on my computer somewhere is there any way I can get them back.
    Steve
    on the tomtom home there is. items on device & remove items from computer, on this list there are, applications 1...maps 1 eastern Europe,..voices ...safety cameras,...quickgpsfixdata, & phone connection settings...… & the third option is items on your computer..on this there is only safety cameras 1
    still no luck, I have lost all my uk & Europe maps except for eastern Europe, how can I reinstall them.
    Steve
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,980 Superuser
    Hi @steve_cool

maybe @VikramK can look at this again with the additional request.

Doug
    Thanks Doug, did you see my previous answer to your question?

on the tomtom home there is. items on device & remove items from computer, on this list there are, applications 1...maps 1 eastern Europe,..voices ...safety cameras,...quickgpsfixdata, & phone connection settings...… & the third option is items on your computer..on this there is only safety cameras 1
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,010 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @steve_cool

I swapped it with a different map..

Could you please check of updates again?

Thanks
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @steve_cool

I swapped it with a different map..

Could you please check of updates again?

Thanks
    Vikram

It says there are no updates.
    just checked again the updates are there, will update now and get back to you.
    Thank you.

Steve
    Everything is ok now, back to how it was, i can`t thank you enough for all your help, thank you so much.

Steve
  • samerzsamerz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello. I just wanted to update my maps on my 11 y old Tomtom XL. I downloaded Home and did the updates recommended and it said "success". Now my device has " No Maps" at all. Home says "no updates available". I have no back up. Can you help me to get my Tomtom back, even with my old non-updated maps? Pleaaase