Why does my watch tell me to walk -63km ? — TomTom Community

Why does my watch tell me to walk -63km ?

JokaottingJokaotting Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Is my watch working correctly? I have to walk minus?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,618
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Jokaotting wrote: »
    Do you need translation?

Women your age walk on average 5 km a week.
    Last week, you had to walk -61.95 kilometers more to get to this result.

I just don't get this!

It is essentially saying you walked far more than women your age, just not particularly intuitively. It is not a great display but I see the logic behind it. It is taking the average minus your distance walked, so if you walked 1km it would say you need to walk 4 more (5-1=4). But if you walk 10 it will say you needed to walk -5 more (5-10=-5). They should have put a logic test in that if your distance was greater than the average then to just say you are better than average. Get used to it as development of the watches and app stopped when TT Sports went out of business 18 month ago.

Answers

Superusers
    How is your watch telling you to walk any distance? Do you have a training mode on with a set distance?
  • JokaottingJokaotting Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    e564557niya6.jpg

??
    Do you need translation?

I just don't get this!
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Do you need translation?

I just don't get this!

It is essentially saying you walked far more than women your age, just not particularly intuitively. It is not a great display but I see the logic behind it. It is taking the average minus your distance walked, so if you walked 1km it would say you need to walk 4 more (5-1=4). But if you walk 10 it will say you needed to walk -5 more (5-10=-5). They should have put a logic test in that if your distance was greater than the average then to just say you are better than average. Get used to it as development of the watches and app stopped when TT Sports went out of business 18 month ago.
    Get used to it as development of the watches and app stopped when TT Sports went out of business 18 month ago. quote]

Great...
    Thanks for your explanation, ofcourse I know what you are saying, I just hoped I did something wrong, so TT discribed the situation badly.

TT says my age is 66, and there is NOTHING I can do to channge that besides me running. I DO NOT RUN...

I walk FAR more than 5 km a day, oh well...
    Thanks for your reaction though.
    Superusers
    Get used to it as development of the watches and app stopped when TT Sports went out of business 18 month ago. quote]

Great...
    Thanks for your explanation, ofcourse I know what you are saying, I just hoped I did something wrong, so TT discribed the situation badly.

TT says my age is 66, and there is NOTHING I can do to channge that besides me running. I DO NOT RUN...

I walk FAR more than 5 km a day, oh well...
    Thanks for your reaction though.

Fitness Age is based on the predicted VO2Max which is only calculated when running or cycling in Zone 3 or higher. If all you do is walk the Fitness Age and fitness Points will be useless for you.