Wrong road name or denomination. Anomaly — TomTom Community

Wrong road name or denomination. Anomaly

EnginerelightEnginerelight Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
TT Rider 400. Biker usage.

My modus operandi is to use Google Maps initially to plan a route because of the useful feature to be able to zoom in and use street level which is very useful for a biker who wishes to see the type of road being planned on.

MyDrive gives me the ability to get a .gpx file which I can then share and use on my TT Rider.

Northwestern Spain. Between O Acevo and Fonsagrada. On GM it is called the LU701 and on MyDrive it is called the LU106.

Beyond Fonsagrada on GM it is the LU530 but on MyDrive it is still the LU106.

I realise that this is academic when using the .gpx files but it creates confusion and i'd like an answer as to which is correct, GM or MyD?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,398
    Superusers
    HI
    @Enginerelight

There's a further anomaly on the 1025 version of the Map
    On the device the road is listed as Lu-106/Lu-701

ATB YFM
  • EnginerelightEnginerelight Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi YFM, yeah, that's what I'm saying. My question is: Is TT right, or is GM right? I guess I'll just have to look on an official map.

Miketorcy: sorry have no idea what you mean by that link. I don't know how to use the mapshare page and it isn't exactly intuitive. Have better things to do than learn how to. Which is not a dig at your attempt to point me in the right direction, for which I'm thankful, it's a dig at TT.

Thanks anyway, guys.
  • EnginerelightEnginerelight Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    And just to be clear. My other problem with using the mapshare page is that I'm not sure if it is a correction that is needed. It may be that TT is right and Google Maps is wrong.