TomTom Start 25 UK shows 'connecting' forever

jolly34jolly34 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
TomTom Start 25 UK shows 'connecting' forever
been trying for the last 3 days to update my sat nav, each time about 8-9 hours and its stills shows 100% checking and download symbol saying updating please don't disconnect. have used 2 differant computers and still the same.
cant believe its so long for sat nav to update it self, anyone else having problems?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,172 Superuser
    Hi @jolly34

Try a Soft Reset. Charge your unit for some time to make sure the battery is okay then turn the unit on. When it is working Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drumroll. Now try and update.

If still not working then do a Factory Reset.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings.
    Tap System
    Tap Reset device.

This will delete all your data such as your Poi files etc. You will have to set the unit up again as from new. It will restore the data you have saved on MyDrive.

If his does not work try Customer Support.

Doug

• edinburghedinburgh Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem with Start 20. It would help if we could see the level of the battery charge and if it is charging when connected to computer. I did the factory reset and it seemed to work but the next time it was back to "waiting for a valid GPS signal. Cannot depend on Start 20. Had a Tom Tom ONE 3rd edition and it never let me down but unfortunately Tom Tom no longer supports that device.