How to report errors in Truck maps - weight limits — TomTom Community

How to report errors in Truck maps - weight limits

Romondo42Romondo42 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm becoming increasingly frustrated by errors/omissions in the Truck maps - specifically relating to weight limits. How do I go about reporting these so that (hopefully, in the fullness of time) the map data can be amended? I know how to report other problems, but the weight restrictions in particular don't appear to be "reportable" via the menu options on my device (Trucker 6000).

Don't get me started on left/right turn restrictions - especially those which only apply to certain size/weight of vehicle or restrictions which only apply during certain times...

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,592 Superuser
    I think the only way is with the Mapshare Reporter tool https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/ in the Miscellaneous category "Other"
    Note: If your report is accepted, it can take up to 9 months for it to appear in the maps on the devices
  • stanislav791stanislav791 Posts: 30 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hello, you have a error in the truck map, direction Lubeck(Germany)highway 1 from exit 25 no truck bans !!! Please correct the error
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hello, you have a error in the truck map, direction Lubeck(Germany)highway 1 from exit 25 no truck bans !!! Please correct the error

I suggest you read and understand the post directly above yours!
  • Romondo42Romondo42 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the suggestion to use the Mapshare Tools website to report the issue. Sadly that's not really what I'm after. Whole chunks of e.g. Bedfordshire have been subject to 7.5T weight restrictions for a couple of years now, yet nothing appears on the TomTom mapping. As a result, my Trucker 6000 will happily route via e.g. Dunstable and all the smaller places around it whenever the M1 is playing silly beggars (i.e. most days). I want some way of reporting this issue to TomTom, as it would take me several hours to manually mark every road involved using the Mapshare website!