Update my Start 20

jeffviggor
jeffviggor Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
can I update my tomtom start 20 through the website as my tomtom connect isn't working ?
Tagged:

Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,527
     Superuser
    edited March 2019
    You can only update your device with MyDrive Connect.
    Have you resettet the device?
    - Reset your device: Press and hold the Power button for about 30 seconds until you hear a drum sound.

See also: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034275/device-not-connecting-to-your-computer-mydrive-connect
  • lmons
    lmons Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    same here - my computer does not recognize the device - reset to factory settings didn't help - and now the GPS signal is not working anymore either - cannot find it (after hours, in or outside car)
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,062
    Hi @jeffviggor

Welcome to the Community! I've made some changes in the back-end on your device to resume the download on your device and to apply these changes, follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect device from computer.
    • Soft Reset: Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more. Quit MD Connect application.
    • Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar> Settings>Downloads>Click 'Empty Download Folder'( If it's grayed out, just click on Save settings)
    • Open MyDrive connect.When your device is turned on, connect device to the computer.
    • On MyDrive Connect in right bottom corner, it will says ‘updating’. (Ignore if it doesn't)
    • Once complete then Check for the updates.

@lmons I checked your device details and it seems that the navcore (12.071) and map (v970) installed on your device is outdated. Also, the QuickGPSfix data is from 2016 which can be a reason for no GPS signal. At first, please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to reinstall the device drivers on your PC/laptop. The FAQ gives you the step by step approach towards this scenario and unless the device is recognized, you can't make any updates on it. Hope this helps!

Cheers, lampard