MyDriveConnect does not find memory card — TomTom Community

MyDriveConnect does not find memory card

wrpwrp Posts: 16 [Apprentice Traveler]
I formatted the memory card and the system recognizes it. My Drive Connect does not find it however. What to do?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,196 Superusers
    edited March 4
  • wrpwrp Posts: 16 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you YamFazMan. I followed the instructions on an email from TomTom, but it did not say I needed to configure the sd card in PC first. I formatted it in the TomTom device, but skipped the step what I wanted to use it for.
    When I put it in PC it lists FAT, but not FAT32. Is that ok?
    Earlier I had (per instructions of TomTom tech's email) formatted the card in TomTom device. Email did not mention to format it in PC first. In navi I skipped the step where it asks what I want to use the card for...
    Hope that at this point this can all still be remedied.
    PC cannot format it...
    It would have been so helpful had the tech given me complete instructions. Any suggestion what I can do now, so I can use the card to store new maps?
    Hi @DougLap

PC is unable to open that link
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,196 Superusers
    edited March 4
    Hi
    @wrp

This is the SD Card Format tool I use... PC & Mac versions
    https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,322 Superuser
    Hi @wrp

Odd that @wrp. I originally did that on a Mac and I have just checked on my W10 PC and it opens fine for me.

Hoe @YamFazMan 's suggestion works for you.

Doug
    Card appears to be formatted fine. Navi detects it but MDC does not.
    Per recommendation of tt support I bought another Micro SD card. MyDrive Connect still does not recognize it. Does anyone have an idea what to do?
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 313 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Where do you want to use this memory card for?
    - Install extra Maps? (You need to format the card in the Device)
    - Store and exchange things like GPX Routes. (You need to format the card in the PC Fat32)

Both usages on the same card is not supported.
    Hi @wrp

Does MyDrive Connect see your unit and the amount of internal memory used and free but not see the Added Card at all. If it sees the card it will be shown but be shown as empty..

Doug
    Hello @RoadRider

It is to install maps. PC formats card FAT32, whereafter system (start 62) formats it again. I then choose maps. System (device) recognizes card, MDC does not. I am on my second (brand new) card, with same result.
    Hello @DougLap

That is exactly correct.

edited March 19
    Hi @wrp

Based on those pictures the MyDrive Connect looks very odd, not just to me because it is in German, but it is saying that the internal memory is absolutely full and looks as though it can see the Extra memory and that it is totally empty which is what it should be.

The Photo ,of the unit itself says you have space in the Internal memory plus an empty 16gb card. It will have a Tt file on it you cannot see but explains why it is less than 16gb.

I have Flagged this to @VikramK or @lampard as it looks very odd. In the mean time have you got the very latest Version of MyDrive Connect on your PC.

@VikramK or @lampard hopefully will respond tomorrow.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,220 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @wrp

This is strange to me..

Are you using the TomTom original cable supplied with the device to connect it with the computer?

Also, try these-

1. Disconnect the device from the computer.
    2. Remove the memory card from the device.
    3. Do a factory reset- Main Menu-Settings-System-Reset device- Reset (Make sure you create a back up using MyDrive web)
    4. Format the card FAT on a computer first- Insert it into the device- format again when asked.
    5. Connect the device to the computer and open MyDrive Connect.

If the above steps don't help then report this to the customer service.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hello @VikramK

Yes, I do use the recommended cable.
    All of the steps you outlined I have followed multiple times, to no avail. I have been consulting with Customer support for several weeks regarding this matter, but they have been unable to help unfortunately.
    Hello @DougLap,

When this whole thing started a few weeks ago I did indeed reinstall MDC, so yes I do have the latest version.

The language is Dutch, and you can see that MDC and the device show different things: the device clearly lists the empty memory card, whereas MDC does not show any memory available whatsoever. I sent these pictures to customer support, but it failed to elicit any helpful response.

I do not understand what you said about a Tt file.
    Oh, and needless to say; when trying to install the new map MDC tells me that there is not enough memory.
    HI @wrp

What I did not say every well is that the memory card if it has been formatted by your Tomtom unit when you inserted, for map if you were asked, it will have a Tomtom file on it but in MDC it will say it is empty.

Doug
    edited March 21
    Hi @wrp
    I am wondering if you should maybe try this:-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

I think if you do try this I would take the SD card out and reinstall afterwards..

Lets see what @VikramK thinks.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,305 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @wrp

There are multiple downloads pending (not failed) in queue for your device which includes navcore and safety camera's. So I can only advise you to keep the device connected till the download fails/completes, you can check the status in the right bottom corner on MyDrive Connect. If the device is not connected to the computer, please follow the steps below to resume the download:
    • Soft Reset: Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more. Quit MD Connect application.
    • Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar> Settings>Downloads>Click 'Empty Download Folder'( If it's grayed out, just click on Save settings)
    • Open MyDrive connect.When your device is turned on, connect device to the computer.
    • On MyDrive Connect in right bottom corner, it will says ‘updating’.

Thanks, lampard
    Thanks @lampard. Stayed connected for 4 days straight, after which CS suggested I send them the device so they can check it themselves. Personally (and Media Markt support with me, who checked it last week) I don't think there is anything wrong with the system or the SD cards we tried (4 so far since March 4), but that it is MyDrive Connect that is malfunctioning.
    Hope to be able to put all this behind me real soon!