TomTom Traffic — TomTom Community

TomTom Traffic

TarifaTarifa Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Want to renew my Traffic subscription but keep on getting the message that my device is no longer supported. Two weeks i renewed my Speed Cameras subscription without any problem!

Why allow renewal of Spped cameras and not Traffic ?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi @Tarifa

Check on here to see if your unit is listed as obsolete. The GO 825 is listed but its ones with a serial number starting FY.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/#car

Contact Customer support tomorrow to see what they say. See Contact Us at bottom of this page and browse through to find the phone number.

Doug
  • TarifaTarifa Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ty for your reply. Mine starts with FB and is no longer supported for traffic. Wish they let me know before i renewed by speedcamera subscription a few weeks ago.
    Seems like wasted money !

Thinking about using Waze via my smartphone and not buying a new Tomtom.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    Hi @Tarifa

Why don't you ask Customer support if they will transfer your Speed Camera Subscription to the Mobile GO app and use it as your first years sub for the App.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,904 Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Hi @Tarifa

I just wanted to add that when you have an active subscription it will be honored till it ends.

Which means that you continue to get updates for Map/LIVE Services or Speed cameras(whichever subscription is active)

+

If you wish to use a GO Mobile app then as Doug said you may want to check with the customer service and see what options they can offer...

Thanks
    Vikram

• TarifaTarifa Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The issue has been resolved. They offered me a 30% discount on a GO5200 and the speed camera subscription will be reembursed. Very pleased indeed.