via135 is dead, its not resting its dead — TomTom Community

via135 is dead, its not resting its dead

plugged it into car today dead/nothing, plugged it into computer after starting connect, again nothing-says no device connected, so cannot charge the battery which I assume is flat

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @arnchaitraveller

Either a new unit or you can have a look on Youtube and look at videos showing how to replace a battery in a Tomtom unit. Batteries available from Ebay.

Doug
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    plugged it into car today dead/nothing, plugged it into computer after starting connect, again nothing-says no device connected, so cannot charge the battery which I assume is flat

Probably is a dead (or dying) battery BUT you can connect the device to the computer for about three hours to see if the battery gets charged since the device does not have to be on for charging.

Then, try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

• arnchaitravellerarnchaitraveller Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    ok charged it-or who knows if its charging cos no lights all day still nothing, cant believe battery is dead. bought a couple o years ago/new and only v light use maybe once every couple o months! n cant believe no support from tomtom
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    @arnchaitraveller

Lithium battery's should always be properly maintained, one of the worst things you can do to a Lithium Battery is to store it in a discharged state

ATB YFM