Running activity doesn't count any distance and speed — TomTom Community

Running activity doesn't count any distance and speed

halskihalski Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, I have an issue with running training on my watch, I doesen`t count any distance and speed. It works fine if I switch to bike. What can be a reason?

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    Are you running outdoors or on a treadmill? If on a treadmill are you in treadmill mode and not running mode, which requires GPS? Have you tried a factory reset?
  • halskihalski Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I`m running outdoor.
    Superusers
    halski wrote: »
    I`m running outdoor.

Did you try a factory reset? Once uploaded do you get distance and a map? Are you sure you simply do not have the display set to a different metric?
    Yes, I`ve tried couple of times, It works fine with all the other trainings except running. It`s not calculating speed, pace, distance. Nothing. That`s why i`st weird. Must me some software issue. But I don`t know how to downdgrade firmware.
    Superusers
    Yes, I`ve tried couple of times, It works fine with all the other trainings except running. It`s not calculating speed, pace, distance. Nothing. That`s why i`st weird. Must me some software issue. But I don`t know how to downdgrade firmware.

Downgrading the firmware will not make a difference, a factory rest should do it unless the GPS chip is bad. Does it show distance and pace in cycling mode?
    In the cycling mode everything is ok.
    Superusers
    In the cycling mode everything is ok.

If a factory reset did not help you can request a firmware downgrade in the link below but if it is within warranty you should contact Support directly.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/software-version-rollback-requests-battery-issues-runner-spark-watch-series-1030088