TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Mazda NB1 Update problem

toolmakertoolmaker Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited March 4 in Map installation
Hello,

I have a problem about my Mazda NB1 navigation update. I have downloaded the latest TOMTOM Home and I buy 1 year map update. If I try update the maps I get a error message after the files downloaded and before installed to the SD card.
4dchbtlde4yb.jpg

I found this article but is doesn't help for me.

Answers

• Wasbeer67Wasbeer67 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I have got the same problem totday
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,832 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here: HOME Error: This file is invalid (archive file)

Thanks, lampard
  • toolmakertoolmaker Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here: HOME Error: This file is invalid (archive file)

Thanks, lampard

Hello,

Thank you but I try HOME Error: This file is invalid (archive file) article. It does not work work for me.
    I tried this and this too but these steps doesn't solve my problem.
  • krystaszkrystasz Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited March 6
    I have the same problem with the update of the Europe map marking 1020.9292 on the NB1 device installed in the mazda car. An error appears in the archive file. I have purchased an upgrade package for 1.5 years.
  • frank888frank888 Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
    Ik have the same problem, tried 6 times on 4 different computers, fixed internet by cable, no antivirus or firewall running. This message comes after downloading everything in "temp" map and I thing while putting everything in a zipfile. After this message the temp folder is empty.
    Support is not very helpfull, the sent me to the faq, I do not think they even read my question.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,688 Superuser
    Hi @lampard

Seems like a theme here that need your help.

Doug
    I don't think we can expect a solution as they have put "answered" on the title of this thread.
    @frank888

Where? Says Answers on mine.
    7ao78i46e2lg.jpg
    Hi @frank888

Oh there. That means that there has been an answer to the question rather than no response at all.. We cannot assume that an answer is necessary a solution rather an attempt to make a suggestion that may resolve the question raised.

For example what operating system are you using on your PC or Mac as I note the suggested answer from Lampard only mentions Win 7 , Vista and an Old Mac op system.

I have only tried to signal the matter to Lampard as there seems to be a small number arising at the same time.

Doug
    This is one from july 2018
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/1105519/mazda-nb1-problem-beim-aktualisieren-der-sd-card-mit-neuen-europa-karten
    So this is not a new problem

I have tried this with several computers, under win 7,8 and 10, always with the same result, every time after 35 minutes download. I tried several cardreaders and do not think the reason for this is on my side.
    My original card is from a Mazda CX5 2013. I 'm beginning to think the best option is using WAZE. Will try on a mac 11 computer later but I think my 69.95 euro update is money down the drain.

@ Doug, thanks for listening, Frank

• kbarfodkbarfod Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I have updated TomTom HOME 2 today. This does not help. Logging on Temp folder it is creating lots of files, but it does not creating the map.zip file, and therefor it cannot install it!
  • toolmakertoolmaker Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    frank888 wrote: »
    7ao78i46e2lg.jpg

Sorry the discussion is not answered. Can I change the status of the discussion?
  • woskamwoskam Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem. I never had a problem with updating my Mazda NB1. Also the last update from December went without any problem. Also the Europe_zone3 went without problems. Only the complete Europa download goes wrong. I am already for more than a week in contact with TomTom, but nothing helps. Ik think the te download file is corrupt from the beginning.
    NB1 in Mazda CX5-GTM
  • kbarfodkbarfod Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    edited March 8
    Like i been written before TomTom Home 2 makes a bunch of tmp files, but does NOT make the map.zip file. Under installation (tries) the files are deleted.
    Exactly the same here, I think Woskam's idea is possible, but this is not the first time this is happening. I see the same complaints on the German forum dated july 2018. I spent already 80 gigabyte on downloads trying every possibility, always the same thing.
    edited March 8
    I got the following solution from the helpdesk. Have not tried it yet. Can it mean that he does not work at all anymore, others have already tried this solution? I would like to ask you to follow the next steps to solve this problem.
    Go to TomTom HOME Click the More option Click Manage My GO Select "Items on device" and check the option "Maps" and then click "Remove items from device"
    Select "Remove items from the computer" and check the option "Maps" and then click "Remove items from the device"
    After performing the above steps, you can remove the damaged card from the device. Then check for updates and download the card again on the SD card.

I hope this information helps you! Please let me know if you have more questions and I would be happy to help you.

Sincerely,
    TomTom Customer Service Team

edited March 8
    I have already tried the download with a new card, first put in a car to recognize by system, then in tomtom home for map download, gives the same result. So it is not the sd card and not the files that are already on the computer.
    edited March 10
    The advice of the helpdesk did not help, keep getting the same error message as before. By getting no europakaart any more on the card via tomtomhome. Fortunately, I had made backup outside tom tom. I have put this back and old card is still working. Did the helpdesk also feedback this. If someone else has a solution, I'd love to hear it.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,832 TomTom Moderator
    Hi All,

We've already reported this to the team and this seems to be happening only when trying to download the full Europe map on the SD card. For now, please install a map zone of EU map as a workaround.

Regards, lampard
    And how do I install a map zone? The updating goes automatic here. I open TomTom home who asks me if I want an update, I click on yes and that's it. Nothing to chose from.
    Partial succes updating europe chart:

Reduce free room on the sd card till less than 1.5 gbytes free space, then start TomTom Home and update. With less than 1.5 gb program decides that you don't have enough room for the complete chart and lets you choose a map zone.
    Just put some extra files on the sd card till less than 1.5 free space, after updating you can remove the extra files.
    Once you have a map zone on your sd card you can later change to another zone without extra detours.

Very glad mazda is not selling tomtom navigation software anymore
  • SanyeszSanyesz Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I tried to update my Mazda NB1 but this method was unsuccesful. I tried with free space 1.5GB, 1.2GB, 1 GB, less than 1GB. Always the same problem and error message. The TT HOME did not suggest to chosse a map zone.
    And I just paid a new update subsrciption... :'(
  • woskamwoskam Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have been busy for more than 2 weeks, before TT decides to look at their side and I am disappointed that the problen still not is solved.

Every one should inform TT of the problem.
    NB1 in Mazda CX5-GTM