My antivirus thinks TomTom Sport connect is virus — TomTom Community

My antivirus thinks TomTom Sport connect is virus

KuijersKuijers Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited March 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Trend Micro Internet security keeps on deleting
TomTom Mysports connect.exe . I have tried to get help from Trend, and have done every thing they told me. But after installation of a new virus definition the problem appears again. Has anybody else had this problem and found a solution?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    The solution is to tell Trend it is not a virus. The issue is on their end, not TT's. There should be a white list you can put it on so Trend ignores it.
  • KuijersKuijers Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have tried to tell Trend that and asked them to remove it from the list. But they can't or will not understand.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    Kuijers wrote: »
    I have tried to tell Trend that and asked them to remove it from the list. But they can't or will not understand.

You need to do it on your machine. Trend is not going to change it for one user.
    I have tried to set it on the exeption list. But every time after an update of the virus definition, the problem comes back. And I don't think, I am the only one, who have Trend antivirus and TomTom.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi all

@Kuijers

It seems that your Trend software doesn't record your exclusion. :/
    You can try following this Trend FAQ, restore the deleted file et add file detected to exception list:
    https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/internet-security/1104791.aspx

And try to do an exclusion for the TomTom folder in addition to the executable file, for both:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom
    +
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom\MySportsConnect\TomTom MySports Connect.exe

Tick the file and the folder and 'Apply'.
    https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/internet-security/1059964.aspx

After that alas, there is only Trend support to help you.

Regards.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,221
    Superusers
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @Kuijers

It's Trend Micro's problem, not Tomtom

I had the same with BitDefender....
    I would add Tomtom/MyDrive Connect to the Firewall exclusion list all good...
    Turn off the Computer and BitDefender would remove Tomtom/MyDrive Connect from the Firewall exclusion list and on Restarting, would again block MyDrive Connect
    BitDefnder Support even sent a patch to run... but it didn't fix the problem
    In the end I switched my Virus Protection Provider

ATB YFM
    Maybe Tomtom should try to find out, what makes antivirusprograms think, Tomtom is a virus.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    It's Trend Micro's problem, not Tomtom.
  • shreshant8shreshant8 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    you have to disable your antivirus in order to access tomtom sport connect, and after that, you could enable it again, due to the prevention of any spam website or content.