Updating GO 5100 — TomTom Community

Updating GO 5100

TreeborTreebor Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited March 2019 in Map installation
During the update of the GO 5100, the map has disappeared. I can not start the device correctly. Only the message: No maps available on the interface "I can not format the card in the device.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,605
    Superuser
    You can try this
  • kaygedkayged Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I have a similar problem with my GO 5200, every time there is a map update it deletes all my maps and then say's no map available. I look at the FAQ's and it tells me to us my drive connect on my PC but when I connect my GO 5200 to the PC it tells me the GO 5200 has WiFi and does not need a PC so I have to download the maps using WiFi at a very slow speed which takes hours instead of downloading on my broadband which would only take a few minutes. I started today's updates at 10:30 am, just finished and it is almost midnight!
  • kaygedkayged Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    You can try this

If only that would happen on my Windows 10 PC with the latest version of my drive connect, I get this screen arwbdbrxz60h.jpg
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,599
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi @kayged

The previous video isn't suitable for Wifi devices like your GO5200.

For your device, download management is always done from the TomTom device (4Dots...) either via Wifi or with the MyDrive Connect software.

Watch this video, towards the middle at 1:0 minute reading it's explained how to do with a computer and MyDrive Connect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=PTB6NKmwJrM

Regards.