Why should we pay £18 a year for an app lacking so many features? — TomTom Community

Why should we pay £18 a year for an app lacking so many features?

Dear TomTom,

My TomTom GO Mobile (iOS) app will be 3 years old on 14 March 2019, yet in those 3 years the development of the app has been slow and many features that were in its predecessor have still not been ported over it.

It does appear that TomTom has lost interest in the TomTom GO Mobile (iOS) app. So why should we pay £18 a year for an app lacking so many features?

Furthermore, TomTom's lack of development of this app indicates that TomTom has lost interest in the SatNav market as a whole so why should we buy any of TomTom's products?

Regards,

Best Answer

Answers

• DavidQPRDavidQPR Posts: 31 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    My pet tortoise moves faster than TomTom
  • crmcateecrmcatee Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Got to agree - mines expires in 16 days, but being asked to pay £17.99 for a yearly sub on the iphone is laughable as well as having no three year sub option. Still can't get mine to send between the Mydrive and my iphone.

Interesting to note - if you go for renewal on the android app/login - it's only £14.99 and at least that works with Mydrive.

I'm currently looking about at the free and alternative apps
  • RussBroomRussBroom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too, have to agree with the OP.

I’ve been loyal to the TomTom iOS app since it first hit the App Store, but my three year fee trial (because that’s what it was, let’s be honest) is about to end, and having tried Google Maps navigation, I see absolutely no reason whatsoever to pay for further TomTom subscriptions.

It’s not really about CarPlay for me, because I don’t have the relevant hardware (though would have invested in it if TomTom supported it - as per a direct request to them a few years ago).
    No, I simply don’t see a single advantage that warrants paying for a subscription now that data is so cheep.

I might change my mind on this when travelling abroad. Especially if we leave the EU, and return to the old days of roaming charges from hell...
  • yehoudinyehoudin Posts: 421 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    How much data does Google Maps use for a 300 mile trip? Anyone checked that yet?

Route planning within TT Go is far away from TT MyDrive. So I navigate with both parallel -MyDrive to verify the best route with ALL traffic and to calculate alternative routes correctly and Go for steering.
  • BydandieBydandie Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    yehoudin wrote: »
    How much data does Google Maps use for a 300 mile trip? Anyone checked that yet?

Route planning within TT Go is far away from TT MyDrive. So I navigate with both parallel -MyDrive to verify the best route with ALL traffic and to calculate alternative routes correctly and Go for steering.

You can download maps for offline in google maps. Personally, Waze is the best compromise at the moment.