How to Plan a Route to a POI — TomTom Community

How to Plan a Route to a POI

VXeroVXero Posts: 49 [Renowned Trailblazer]
Let's say I downloaded a POI file called "Monuments" to My Places in MyDrive Route Planner. Now I want to plan a Route Planner route to one of those monuments. How do I see the list of monuments so I can plan a route to one?

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,680
    Superusers
    In the TomTom route planner it is not possible to plan a route to Poi destinations.
    But you can upload it in MyDrive and when the Pois are synced with your device you can plan a route on your device

What device do you have?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,249
    Superusers
    edited February 2019
    Hi
    @VXero

What device do you have ???

When installing 3rd Party POIs the MyDrive Web Route planner is only used as a transfer tool for loading 3rd party POI Categories to the TomTom Cloud
    I'm not aware of any Route planners that allow you to install YOUR OWN or 3rd party POI Categories and use them for route planning

You can't use a 3rd party POI category when planning a route on the MyDrive Web Route planner
    You can use a 3rd party POI category when planning a route on the device
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1233730/#Comment_1233730

This is the Workaround I use for a 3rd party POI/POI category when planning a route on the MyDrive Web Route planner
    The Method I use.... its a two stage process using the device & the MDW Route planner to Sync the POI locations to the MDW Route planner for inclusion in the route

Stage (1)... On your NAV4/5(Wi-Fi) Device
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyPlaces... Select a POI Category e.g... National Trust
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type dud(maston) (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Dudmaston Hall... A Quick Menu opens... Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Add to my places
    Rename the MyPlace or Tap 'Add' to accept the offered Name
    Dudmaston Hall is synced to the MyDrive Web Route planner

Stage (2)... On the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Open MyPlaces... Left click on Dudmaston Hall
    The MDW Map zooms into Dudmaston Hall
    Right Click On the blue Dudmaston Hall Icon

If you are starting a new Route you're offered....
    'Use as a Starting point'
    Or
    'Plan a Route'

If the Route is all ready started you're offered....
    'Add a Stop'

I tend ignore the Menu that opens... And simply Left or Right click on the Blue MyPlaces Icons

On the device, you may need to occasionally edit/tidy the MyPlaces list

ATB YFM
  • VXeroVXero Posts: 49 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Thank you both for your help. It seems like I should be able to see the POI's in Route Planner but that is not the case. Maybe in some update of the web route planner.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,249
    Superusers
    edited February 2019
    Hi
    @VXero
    VXero wrote: »
    It seems like I should be able to see the POI's in Route Planner but that is not the case. Maybe in some update of the web route planner.
    I'm not aware of any Route planners that allow you to install YOUR OWN or 3rd party POI Categories and use them for route planning

ATB YFM