How do I recover my GO Live 1005 please ? — TomTom Community

How do I recover my GO Live 1005 please ?

My go live 1005 will only boot to the first "picture" screen then hangs, if left it keeps restarting itself but never gets past the screen. I have done the power button continuing press till the drum roll reset but this does not help. It has fine upto the last MyDrive update which seemed to go ok and did work once after it completed but thats it, it now will not start. Help Please !!!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,511
    Superuser
  • HarleydeeHarleydee Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Many Thanks for your reply, yes it is the same problem but as of today (12/3) no one has found a solution, I have tried all the suggestions but the main problem is that the TomTom will not boot without hanging on the startup picture so connection to the PC to download another map is impossible. It looks like it is a problem with the last map I updated from "My Connect" but Tomtom seem to be washing their hands of it all, probably hoping we will purchase a new device, I will but not a TomTom.
  • 5150user5150user Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    - hold the start button until drum sound is heard.
    - wait 10 to 20 seconds
    - press the start button again to switch off
    - briefly press the start button again
    repeat until the device starts normally

When the device has started:
    - connect the device directly to the computer
    - download a smaller part of the map (not as usual the entire map)

Connection to the PC is only possible if the device has been started normally.

See comments from johnst and 5150user on pages 1 and 2 here

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1032274/go-live-1005-keeps-turning-off-freezing-rebooting/p1

• 5150user5150user Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I have recovered a couple of these , but you need to use a computer and install a zone map not the full map

Select install smaller map then choose a suitable zone
  • nick64nick64 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    The same as harleydee my go live 1005 is also not working after updates. Switches on and goes to the home screen then off then back on etc. As above My go live 1005 will only boot to the first "picture" screen then hangs, if left it keeps restarting itself but never gets past the screen. I have done the power button continuing press till the drum roll reset but this does not help. It has fine upto the last MyDrive update which seemed to go ok and did work once after it completed but thats it, it now will not start. Help Please !!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,511
    Superuser
    Hi @nick64

Try all the ideas in the following. Persistence seems to be the answer.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1032274/go-live-1005-keeps-turning-off-freezing-rebooting/p1

Good luck

Doug