Which BT protocol and transmit method Rider 550 uses?

TimoT
TimoT Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited August 2021 in RIDER
HI,

Which BT protocol and transmit method Rider 550 uses? Why it can not be connected with BMW Motorrad Communication sysytem?

Best Answer

Answers

• KKC31
    KKC31 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Is there any update about this? I have the same problem. Should I consider to sell my tomtom and buy a Garmin?
  • NLD_MRider
    NLD_MRider Registered Users Posts: 0
    New Seeker
    • Rider 550
    • OnePlus Nord 2 5G with Android Oxygen V11.3, security update 5 august 2021
    • My Drive app
    • Latest Cardo packtalk Bold update
    When I plot a route and start the tour the spoken instructions work fine. Then when I start playing music from my phone to my Packtalk the spoken instructions stop coming through via the headset and start playing over the Rider speakers. When stopping the music the instructions do not resume, until I toggle the high quality audio setting on the Rider 550 in the menu off and on again (I only have the high quality sound on, not the standard). This is something I can reproduce every time.
    I noticed that TomTom services/ live traffic was not enabled/ not connected. After switching on Bluetooth tethering this was resolved. I have not tried navigating since, but I doubt this would fix it, since the tethering is between the phone and the Rider. The problem seems to be between the Packtalk and the Rider.
    I used to be able to listen to music and hear instructions at the same time; the music would turn down when spoken instructions came through the headset and turn back up when the instructions were given. I have since switched from an iPhone 6s to the Nord 2 and since then I haven't gotten it to work properly.
    Any help is appreciated! If more details are required, I'll provide what I can.