How do I remove my Carminat Tom Tom Live device from my account — TomTom Community

How do I remove my Carminat Tom Tom Live device from my account

TrevJTrevJ Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
The device is controlled via Tom Tom home and there is no way of removing the device from the account in the program. I am also unable to remove it from my account on the website.

Comments

• CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    Why do you need to remove it?

Maybe you are selling the car? If so, simply do a factory reset to delete any personal details. Tell the new owner he has to register it with TomTom using his own email address.

Then if you have finished using TomTom devices, you can uninstall Home. All you will be left with is the never ending junk emails from TomTom - you could block them, or maybe even try contacting TomTom to delete your account.
  • TrevJTrevJ Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks but I have tried that twice. It does remove my personal details etc, but on restart it links up back to the Tom Tom servers and puts all my maps/traffic subscription details back in again.
    I am selling the car but want the device removed form my account.
  • DPeterMDPeterM Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I'm doing the same, given the above, looks like we have to delete the account, which will remove the device, and if you still want a TT account, reregister??!!
    Any thoughts/comments
    I have 2 devices on my account so I cannot delete it.
    Sorted it. Create a new account, move the unwanted device to that account. Delete the new account.