GO 600 keeps losing voices — TomTom Community

GO 600 keeps losing voices

Annoying: If I switch off GO 600, it loses voices. I need to connect it to TomTom Drive to get them back. I can go around by putting it to 'sleep', but once the battery runs out out, the voices are gone.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,941 Superuser
    Hi @Pekka & patka

I would do the following if it was my unit to see which resolves the problem.

A Soft reset. Ie Turn your unit on then when working Press and Hold down the On/Off button for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drum Roll sound. The unit will restart.

If problem still exists do.a full Reset. Make sure the GO600 is fully charged and Tap Menu, Tap Settings, Tap System, Tap Reset device. This will restore the unit back to factory settings and mean you will have to set it up with language etc. You will lose all your data such as favourites, Poi and Route files. Those saved in your Account in MyDrive should resync to the unit when you start using it or it is connected to the Computer.

If the problem still exists then Contact Customer Support for more help. See Contact at the bottom of this page and scroll through . I think in Finland it is a Live Chat facility.

Doug
  • Pekka&PätkäPekka&Pätkä Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thx! Did hard reset. Seems to work now, let's see for how long... One issue might be that I'm using this in Finland but in English. I have removed Finnish voices. I had to English U.S. voices installed, but the other one required all units to be in U.S., not metric. So frustrating to have so may reliability issues, my previous TomTom worked fine.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,941 Superuser
    edited April 7
    Hi @Pekka&Pätkä

If you are using the Europe map why not try Serena or Malcolm with it as the re UK English. maybe @VikramK can add them to your account if you don't have them. Keep an eye here.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,990 TomTom Moderator
    @Pekka&;Pätkä

Malcolm is not compatible with the GO 600 so added the Serena voice..

Please connect the device to MyDrive Connect and download the voice.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.