Why has watch stopped synching with phone? — TomTom Community

Why has watch stopped synching with phone?

My phone message keeps saying "Up to date" - bu it isn't!! then it tells me to wake up phone - after telling me its up to date. I've spent hours repeating process - I've turned phone off. I've reinstalled the app.
It is NOT up to date - it's a right PIA! Is it time for a garmin??

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,729
    Superusers
    Probably. TT Sports went out of business well over a year ago and ceased all production and development so there will be no updates forthcoming to fix this. I would start by resetting the entire connection following the steps and see if it helps. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.