Broken charger (Runner 3)
edited January 24
I have a TOMTOM RUNNER 3 CARDIO
It did not charge for about 2 months because of broken charger.
Now when I connect the watch the new charger,nohing happens.
What can or must I do to fix the problem?
Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):
1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?
Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.
If nothing above helps you may have a bad dock or there may be computer setting blocking it. At that point I would suggest contacting Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They can more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).
Welcome and support
Maps and Services
RoadTrips by TomTom
Community Knowledge Base