Broken Strap - Runner 2.... Going for number 5 — TomTom Community

Broken Strap - Runner 2.... Going for number 5

Hi All

I am also experiencing broken straps on the Runner 2. Totally ridiculous! The strap with the watch broke... So I bought a new one. Then that broke... it got replaced... not long after that the replacement for the replacement broke! I am on my 4th strap now. Going onto my 5th replacement. I love the watch, I honestly dont want to buy a different brand as this one serves its purpose. But really now... I am trying to contact TT, but for some reason I cannot get a replacement registered. Can anyone help me here?

Comments

• cdebbocdebbo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited February 2019
    I have a TOMTOM TRACKER. Strap also broken....Struggling to find someone who can assist with replacing it.
    [email protected]

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,189 Moderator
    edited February 2019
    @cdebbo Hi there, please fill out the strap replacement form in the link here and you will receive an email with a confirmation of it.

@Civade I would suggest to send an email or have chat with customer support about this and they'll be able to assist you further. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to do so.

Cheers, lampard
  • BochaBocha Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    try this one
  • BadenHBadenH Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    It seems the strap replacement area of their support site has stopped working and will not accept new submissions.
    Right under my address that it retrieved from my profile It says that" *Address is mandatory, please go to go to your Account details to update"???.
    My address hasn't changed since the last time I got a strap.
    Re-inputting the address is accepted but the same message comes up.
    Emails to the support address used previously send you back to the same not working site shown above.
    Apparently I need to spend business hours talking to the support line to get a band or try the DIY fix.
    Fixing the design mistake in the strap would have been preferable.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,622
    Superusers
    BadenH wrote: »
    It seems the strap replacement area of their support site has stopped working and will not accept new submissions.
    Right under my address that it retrieved from my profile It says that" *Address is mandatory, please go to go to your Account details to update"???.
    My address hasn't changed since the last time I got a strap.
    Re-inputting the address is accepted but the same message comes up.
    Emails to the support address used previously send you back to the same not working site shown above.
    Apparently I need to spend business hours talking to the support line to get a band or try the DIY fix.
    Fixing the design mistake in the strap would have been preferable.

TT Sports went out of business over 18 months ago and ceased all production so they have no straps to send. The straps only have a 6 month warranty anyway so at this point any they have distributed are out of warranty so there is no need for coverage, You also can't talk to the support line since they no longer offer phone support for watches. Cut your loses and move on to another watch.