Editing GPX waypoints on Rider 450

Brickit
Brickit Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
If I have set up a track on Tyre and imported the route as a GPX file, how do I get back on track if I am diverted away from the planned route (by say, a diversion for roadworks) and a waypoint becomes inaccessible as a result. The satnav keeps telling me to go back to that redundant waypoint. Can I delete that waypoint ? It was possible to edit the route on the 550, but I can't find that facility on the 450!
Tagged:

Answers

• Ste7ios
    Ste7ios Posts: 759
    Superuser
    A track doesn’t have any waypoints. Only trackpoints that describes the route with precision. It’s like a recording that you can play with satnavs.

Only a route contains waypoints and a satnav will calculate a route between them according to your settings, various map data, and traffic conditions.

A GPX file may contain routes, tracks, and POIs but TomTom use it exclusively as a track.

So, if you want any flexibility you have to use a route, i.e. an ITN file (TomTom’s custom itinerary file format).
  • Brickit
    Brickit Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    They were waypoints when I created the GPX file on Tyre.
    Anyway. You say the solution is to save my route as an .itn file. If I do that, how do I then stop the 400 Rider getting completely thrown if there is a diversion and sending me back to follow the planned route rather than letting me rejoin it further along??
  • Ste7ios
    Ste7ios Posts: 759
    Superuser
    As already said a GPX may contain routes (a list of waypoints) but TomTom will always treat it as a track. You’ve to use an ITN file.

See your options here: http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/rider_400_40/html/en-gb/index.htm#Changingyourroute.htm
  • tugman
    tugman Registered Users Posts: 337
    Revered Navigator
    If clear and reload the file it should allow you to choose between going back to the start or the next way point along the route. I also thought that if you zoomed in and pressed the screen further along the route line it offered the option of starting the route from there.