Watch not staying paired to the app — TomTom Community

Watch not staying paired to the app

Hi,

I have a spark 3 which I have been using with the app for about 18 months with no issues. However, lately my watch doesn't stay synced with the app so each time I want to upload an activity I have to un-pair it and then re-pair. Any ideas????

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,618
    Superusers
    Your only option is to start from scratch. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing. Hopefully this fixes it, but the software has always been unstable and is no longer being updated since TT Sports went out of business so ti is what it is.
  • Miche11eMiche11e Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I had the same issue after six months. I took it back to the retailer, who gave me a new watch. I'm not having same problem with the new one, but I am wondering whether it will happen again as the watch gets older - and out of warranty.