TomTom Go Professional 620 route planning — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Professional 620 route planning

Hi. I'm having problems with my tomtom since i bough it. In Settings I able to change route - shorter or faster ? option of asking every time shorter or faster ? Doen't do anything after I changed this options ? No information about a ferry crossing or toll either. Any idea ??

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,429
    Superusers
    edited February 2019
    Hi
    @Tim1977

I do not use Toll roads unless they are unavoidable or save lots of time
    I have 'Avoid Toll Roads' selected in the Setting menu
    When you have 'Avoid Toll Roads' selected in the Setting menu... If you plan a route which includes Toll Roads a small splash info bar will/should appear at the top of the screen albeit for a very short time, barely enough time to read the message
    Saying "No route possible that avoids these : Toll Roads

If you Do not have 'Avoid Toll Roads' selected in the Setting Menu
    When you calculate a route and the calculation includes a section of road with a Toll Road, then the small splash info bar will/should appear at the top of the screen indicating that the Route involves a Toll Road and the word Change, If you tap the word Change you are given the option to avoid the toll and it recalculates a route accordingly
    If you are happy to go via the Toll road just ignore the header and when you press Drive and it will use the Toll Road Route.
    Or
    With a Route planned... Tap 4Dot (.... ) Menu --> Current Route --> Avoid Toll Roads and More... If the Route contains one of the avoidances you have set in the setting menus, the 'Avoid Toll roads and More' menu option will be live, allowing you to make changes
    If no Avoidances apply the 'Avoid Toll Roads and More' menu will be greyed out

Also... With a Route planned... Tap 4Dot (.... ) Menu --> Current Route --> Change Route Type... If say you're default route type is 'Fastest route' using 'Change Route Type' you can change the route type to another option
    Note.. This Route type change will only apply to the current route
    The default Route type in the Settings Menu will apply to you're next planned route

ATB YFM